Sims 3 launcher won't open

by Kiarah001

Original Post

Re: sims 3 not launching

@3lle9  That's what you'd see if you entered perfmon without the last part.  The command for the Reliability Monitor is perfmon /rel , entered all at once.

Did you restart your computer after installing DX9?  Are you signed into an administrator account?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 71 of 433 (35,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, I tried both ways. I'll attach the screenshot. It said that windows couldn't find it or something. Where as when I ran just perfmon by its self. The pervious screenshot was what came up. I've just checked and I am signed into an administrator account. Do you think that is why its not working ? I also restarted my computer after installing DX9. 

Message 72 of 433 (43,803 Views)

@3lle9  Your command is missing the space.

perfmon /rel

From now on, if I post a command, please copy and paste what I've written rather than typing it out yourself.

Message 73 of 433 (43,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I'm so sorry. I didn't even realize there was a space. Your such a gem for even helping me. I really do appreciate it. 

Message 74 of 433 (43,790 Views)

@3lle9  Okay, now that I'm in front of a Windows PC, I can describe things better.  Your error report shows the same error as before, the one related to DirectX 9.  When you download the installer from this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8109

You'll get a file in Downloads called directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.  First, create a folder on your desktop called DX.  (You can right-click on the desktop and select New > Folder.)

Double-click on directx_Jun2010_redist.exe, and you'll get a license agreement.  Then you can choose a location to extract the files.  Scroll all the way up (or drag the scrollbar up), open the Desktop section, not the one at the top but the one with an arrow next to it a couple lines down.  Choose the DX folder, then click OK, and OK again.

Inside the DX folder, scroll down a bit and find DXSETUP.exe.  Double-click it, select Yes when asked if you want to allow the app to make changes, accept the agreement, select Next twice, and you'll see it installing.  This may take a minute.

When it's done, click Finish, then restart your computer.

Message 75 of 433 (43,754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict You are a gem!! Like an actual gem. I can't thank you enough. Like honestly I'm crying. I'm that happy. I just want to give you the biggest hug. Thank you so so much. Its working. Its running perfectly. I can't thank you enough. 

Message 76 of 433 (43,740 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I did what you told 3lle9 to do, it is working!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Message 77 of 433 (43,721 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 won't launch

★★ Novice

Thank you, it's working perfectly now! 

Message 78 of 433 (42,878 Views)

Sims 3 wont launch from origin

★★★ Newbie

I just got a new computer, an acer nitro 5 with an intel core i5 possessor, got it all set up and fully updated and my game won't even launch from origin. Each time I press play the origin pages goes away for a second then pops back up having me click play again and no sims 3 launcher pops up. What do I do?

Message 79 of 433 (42,903 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont launch from origin

@rockerchick26  Try reinstalling DirectX 9.  You don't need to uninstall anything; just download the installer from Microsoft and run it, then restart your computer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8109

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 80 of 433 (42,871 Views)