Re: Sims 3 launcher goes back to origin

by CraziiBizza97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 launcher takes me back to Origin

★★★★ Novice

Soo during lockdown I decided to kill time by installing Sims 3 since I have a love hate relationship with sims 4. All is working fine until yesterday it just stopped working. It takes me back to the origin screen after pressing the play button.

EA live chat are useless right now. 4 times I've contacted them and they keep promising it's fixed with all there solutions but it's not. My packs are legit, my mom paid full price for them nearly 10 years ago. Help...PLEASE.

Message 2 of 15 (6,190 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I got it working FINALLY! After you mentioned about the graphics card driver I remembered the previous owner of my computer probably didn't update it and I've only had the computer about a week or so. So i googled if there was an update and there was. I'm still baffled as to why Sims 4 was running smoothly whilst I was trying to fix Sims 3 and also what could of started it all. The only thing I did was download my bought store content, download itunes and did an update on the computer itself. 

NOTE TO SELF: don't contact EA Live Chat again, just look at the forums. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 15 (5,999 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Did anyone ever fix this issue? currently having the same problem. 

Message 1 of 15 (6,183 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CraziiBizza97  Some people get this issue resolved, yes.  Can you describe exactly what's happening on your computer?  There are a couple different issues that look similar.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Edit:  I've moved your other post, and my reply, to your new thread, which I moved to the Sims 3 PC tech section.  A dxdiag would still be helpful.  And please let me know whether pressing the Play button in Origin opens the launcher, and pressing Play in the launcher takes you back to Origin; or whether pressing Play in Origin never brings up the launcher in the first place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 15 (6,168 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I load origin up, press Sims 3 and it takes me to the game launcher, I press play and within 5/10 seconds it takes me back to origin. I've also looked in my EA Sims 3 folder in documents and there seems to be loads of unusual documents there starting with "xcpt BRIPC 20-04-19 00.21.33"

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, removed mods, deleting the EA folder so when I reinstall Sims 3 it would create a fresh folder and...nothing. NOTHING!! 

Message 4 of 15 (6,114 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is the DxDiag

Message 5 of 15 (6,112 Views)

@CraziiBizza97  Your graphics card driver is crashing whenever you try to open the game.  But there are several other issues with your system: the dxdiag itself crashed twice while you ran it, which should never happen.  Please start by running a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, then manually run any pending Windows updates.  Hit Windows key-i, choose Updates & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If there are a number pending, it may take a few tries, with restarts in between, to run them all.

Please also upload a new dxdiag, so I can look over the information that was missing the first time around.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 15 (6,082 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just ran the windows powershell and this is the message that came up "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>"

Message 7 of 15 (6,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice

here is the new dxdiag and I did manage to do the updates that I had no idea I had! is everything all good?

Message 8 of 15 (6,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got it working FINALLY! After you mentioned about the graphics card driver I remembered the previous owner of my computer probably didn't update it and I've only had the computer about a week or so. So i googled if there was an update and there was. I'm still baffled as to why Sims 4 was running smoothly whilst I was trying to fix Sims 3 and also what could of started it all. The only thing I did was download my bought store content, download itunes and did an update on the computer itself. 

NOTE TO SELF: don't contact EA Live Chat again, just look at the forums. 

Message 9 of 15 (6,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello there! I’m currently having this issue as well. So I just bought an Alienware x17 R2 laptop from Dell Technologies and the first thing I did was install the Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs on my laptop. When I pressed the play button, Origin pops up and the game doesn’t launch, I’ve tried countless ways to get it to work and still no luck, I’ve even tried playing Sims 3 from Steam and it still doesn’t launch. Do you have any helpful advice on what I can do to get Sims 3 running on my laptop? 

Message 10 of 15 (4,592 Views)