Re: Sims 3 launcher stopped working cannot install custom content or run game

by sydneygf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 launcher stopped working cannot install custom content or run game

★ Novice

The latest update for my sims 3 is 1.63.4.024017, every time I try to install content the message says sims 3 launcher has stopped working I also get this same message when trying to run the game as well.

I don't have norton or avg or anything blocking the sims launcher...

Assistance?

Message 1 of 17 (25,669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (30,085 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (30,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! I had this same exact problem and worked to try and fix it using all of the suggestions I saw, and none of them worked...until I actually tried myself and found an EASY solution. This only counts for people with a good amount of CC- .package or .sims3pack.

The sims game is only made to have 2 GB of CC. Therefore, if you go over that it won't let you install any.

Check how many GB of CC you have in either the downloads or packages folder. If its over 2, move it out of the game folders and into a temporary folder. Go in and install whatever you need to, and once that's installed add all your files back and enjoy the game!

Message 3 of 17 (24,531 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I moved my mods folder to the desktop, then tried to install it and it worked !! Thanks a lot.

Message 4 of 17 (23,538 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so so so much! I tried that and it worked. You literally saved me hours of frustration.

Message 5 of 17 (23,308 Views)

★ Novice

thanks! i just tried that too, it worked!

Message 6 of 17 (21,385 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks so much!
Message 7 of 17 (20,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My problem is I have origin downloaded and accessible ive installed the sims 3 starter pack. in origin once I click the game the play button is blacked out it will only let me hide or favorite the game and on the desktop screen I click the icon it and I can hear it trying to launch but nothing happens idk what to do? I don't know anything about mods or ccs' please help me??

Message 8 of 17 (20,647 Views)

★★★ Novice

So how do i find out how much GB of CC i have?

Message 9 of 17 (20,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot man! I tried deleting that cache thing like crinrict said and that did nothing for me until I found out about this.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 17 (18,965 Views)