Re: Sims 3 launcher has stopped working

by mayornase

Original Post

Sims 3 launcher has stopped working

★★★ Apprentice

So, after trying basically everything in the book I still can't get sims 3 to launch. Origin, Steam, doesn't matter. Getting the "Sims3 launcher has stopped working" error. The first time I installed was on a fresh hard drive that had never had Sims on it before. Since then I've uninstalled/re-installed both Sims and origin (using CC cleaner thoroughly). Before anyone asks if I've moved anything from the "my documents>EA>Sims" folder that doesn't exist due to the fact it hasn't run yet. Can anyone think of some solutions and I'll say whether or not I've tried them yet?

Message 1 of 13 (2,454 Views)

Hi @mayornase,

Could you provide a DxDiag of your PC? You can follow this instructions about how to get a DxDiag file: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 13 (2,441 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Sure

Message 3 of 13 (2,435 Views)

@mayornase,

I see you PC uses a dual GPU configuration. Please try right-clicking on The Sims 3 icon and look for a "Run using NVIDIA high performance graphic processor" option. If that options is present, please click it and see if The Sims 3 launcher opens.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 4 of 13 (2,429 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It was already set to those settings. Tried both anyway and nothing new.

Message 5 of 13 (2,426 Views)

@mayornase,

• Go to Start menu and on the search field write perfmon /rel and push Return
  • A window showing different programs error will open, please look for The Sims 3 (or TS3Launcher.exe) error and double click on it.
  • Copy all the text and paste it here as a response, that may contain useful information about the issue.

Message 6 of 13 (2,422 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Description
Stopped working
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3Launcher.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: sims3launcher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 568d485b
Problem Signature 04: Sims3Launcher
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 568d485b
Problem Signature 07: 93b
Problem Signature 08: 129
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 4c5985ac6261a1fcc7153c799f808445 (128993122269)

Message 7 of 13 (2,418 Views)

@mayornase,

Your issue is related with System.BadImageFormatException, which is an issue caused by a faulty or corrupt DLL file. The Sims 3 needs .NET Framework 3 to work and Windows 10 does not include it installed by default, so you might need to install it if it's not present on your system.

1. Go to Start menu and type Windows Features, and press Enter. This brings up the Turn Windows features on or off dialog box. Alternately, open Control Panel, click on the Programs items, and then click on “Turn Windows features on or off” under Programs and Features.

2. Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK, and reboot your computer if prompted.

Message 8 of 13 (2,413 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Made sure they were checked properly but still got the error.

Message 9 of 13 (2,405 Views)

@mayornase,

Can you try uncheking it, uninstall it and then check it again?

Message 10 of 13 (2,402 Views)