Re: Sims 3 launcher error

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 launcher error

★★ Novice

I’ve been playing the sims 3 for well over 6 years and have never had a problem. I’ve recently purchased sim points through origin and bought content form the sims 3 exchange store. I’ve gone to download but when I do so I have to log into the game launcher. The problem is the game launcher keeps telling me to log in and when I do it continuously pops up and doesn’t log in. 

Message 1 of 4 (399 Views)

@neverlndprincess  Try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If that doesn't help, change your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters, and clear IE's cache again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (373 Views)

★ Novice

So I'm having this issue too. My thoughts is that because internet explorer no longer supports certain pages (like being logged in to the sims 3 community), the launcher is bugging out as it requires IE. I've cleared caches, my password has no special characters, I've deleted the [email].bin from the folders, but I still get an endless stream of login dialog boxes whenever I try to download stuff from my purchase history. Chrome doesn't work, edge doesn't work, and IE can't even get me to the purchase history page without an error and opening it up in edge. I don't know what else to do, this is very frustrating.

Message 3 of 4 (314 Views)

@harthouse  You could try Firefox; I've never had any issues when using it to download.  If that doesn't help, what kind of Sims 3 install do you have: Origin, disc, or Steam?  Do you happen to have two-factor authentication enabled for your EA/Origin account?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)