Re: Sims 3 launcher crashing; what do i do?

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 launcher crashing; what do i do?

★★★ Apprentice

I was browsing through the sims 3 launcher one day looking at new content until suddenly the launcher crashed with a message saying: sims3launcher.exe blah blah blah. I followed EA's advice to the letter, and that was to uninstall all of my games and reinstall them but I HATE having to reboot my router everytime the download speed becomes slow. Does anyone have an easier workaround? I'd highly appreciate it; thanks!!

Message 1 of 5 (245 Views)

Hero

If you get the message while browsing through your installed content, there's usually something not correctly installed.

Do you have custom content and houses and Sims or just store content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (220 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have custom content and sims

Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)

Hero

Do you still have them in your downloads folder as well so you could reinstall them through the launcher ?

I would try removing the Sims first to see if that changes anything.

You can find them here: documents\electronicarts\thesims3\savedSims.

Just move the entire folder to the desktop and see if you can then scroll again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks A lot. This worked for me Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (197 Views)