Original Post

Sims 3 keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello. I'm still having issues as well.

Message 1 of 8 (635 Views)

Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing

★ Novice

My sims 3 goes comepletly off of it in the middle of my game, and goes to my desktop and don't save. 

Message 2 of 8 (635 Views)

@Valajia212  I split your comments and moved them to the Sims 3 section, as the previous thread is a few years old (and in General Questions, which isn't really the place to do game-specific troubleshooting).

Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the packs you have installed.  And if you get any error messages, it would be helpful to know exactly what they say.  You can copy the text or just attach a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 8 (620 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

How do you get a case open?

Message 4 of 8 (544 Views)

@Valajia212  Do you mean a help case?  An official case with EA help may or may not do anything for you; many times, players are referred back here.  You're welcome to try that route of course, but I'd be happy to look over a dxdiag now, if you wanted to run one and attach it here.

If you mean something else, please explain what you're trying to do.

Message 5 of 8 (535 Views)

★ Novice

I didn't understand that you meant to attach it here. I understand now. I attached it below.

Message 6 of 8 (532 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Valajia212  Your graphics card driver is a bit old, and Dell offers a newer one for your laptop.  You can download it from here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/vostro-15-3558-laptop/drivers

Make sure to select Windows 10 64-bit, then click "Show all 42 drivers," and scroll to the bottom of the page.  Since you only have an Intel card, you only need the Intel video driver.  Install it and let me know if the game runs better.

If not, I'd like to check the temperatures of your hardware while you play.  You can download hwinfo to monitor temps and other hardware stats; you don't even have to install it, just run it directly from your Downloads folder.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Under Portable, click the green Download button, then unzip and run.  After you launch it, choose "Sensors Only" and then click the icon with a sheet of paper and a + sign.  This will start the logging.  (You can direct the log to save to your desktop so it will be easier to find later.)  Let it run for five minutes, then launch Origin and Sims 3, and play for 20 minutes, or until it crashes.  Upload the log to a free filesharing site and link it here, and I'll look it over.

Message 7 of 8 (514 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you. I will keep you updated. 

Message 8 of 8 (507 Views)