Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing

by 88NightWing1

Original Post

Sims 3 keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

No matter what I do, the darn game won't work. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling, using the troubleshooter, the super-patcher, updating & repairing on Origin, and everything else I've seen on here. Basically what happens is that I open up the launcher and hit play, the game asks me if I'd like to make changes to my computer, which it has never asked before. If I hit yes, it just quits. I'm sick and tired of dealing with this, I've had my friends try to help me and I've attempted to contact EA but they won't talk to me either. This is practically my last hope tbh.

Message 1 of 9 (271 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@88NightWing1 This is a US federal holiday 1/16/2017. Are you trying to run TS3 on a new Windows 10 machine? Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 2 of 9 (258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to run it on WIndows 10. PC too.

Message 3 of 9 (243 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@88NightWing1  Try this:

- right clight the windows symbol in the lower left of the desktop

- click the control panel

- click programs and teatures

- click turn Windows Features on or off

- if .NET Framework 3.5 is NOT enabled click the box

- click OK

- restart computer

Message 4 of 9 (239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work Frown The thing you said was already enabled. It still asks me if I'd like to make changes to my computer, then quits.

Message 5 of 9 (235 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@88NightWing1 Please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag  thank you

Message 6 of 9 (218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hope this is right. i attached it.

Message 7 of 9 (206 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@88NightWing1 Intel HD Graphics is well known to have issues with TS3. The minimum requirement for the game is 128Mb dedicated video memory and your computer has 32Mb dedicated video memory. Combined with the integrated video chip is not good.I can only recommend to check to see if there is a newer video driver may help.

Message 8 of 9 (197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, thank you so much. Now I know what the problem is. I'll look into it. Thanks again! Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (175 Views)