Sims 3 keeps crashing on loading screen

by MatildalovesCOCK

Original Post

Sims 3 keeps crashing on loading screen

★★★ Newbie

I've had the sims 3 for a few months now and I've recently downloaded a few expansion packs as well as a couple of mods. Since then my game has started randomly crashing and closing down a few minutes into my game play. It used to happen at Sunday (in-game) at 11:59pm where my game would just crash and i'd have to restart my whole laptop, but now that isn't the issue, it just completely closes the game at random times - rarely lets me get through 24 in-game hours and i'd have to start the day all over again. After having to restart my game over and over again, it started freezing on the loading screen and then closing down. I've tried everything - repairing my game on origin and restarting my computer, I've installed the latest patches, set it to windowed mode, updated DirectX, and even tried that thing with the data execution prevention that i read about but none of it worked. If i turn off my expansion packs i'll have to ditch my favourite family to play on who live in Bridgeport and start over. I can't play with any of my old saves but it lets me create new games for some reason. before i installed the expansion packs ect i did have the same issue with it crashing but i could play it for at least an hour before it crashed and closed the game. I dont know what to do, i'm definitely not good with computers so i'm hoping its nothing too complicated but i will do it if i can figure it out. Its stressing me out and i don't want to lose hours of game play and dedication. I need help

Message 1 of 2 (1,231 Views)

Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing on loading screen

There are a few different issues that could be causing problems with your game.  It would help to know the specs of your computer; a dxdiag would be even better.  You can run one and then attach the results to a post using the "browse" button.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181

It would also be useful to know which packs you have installed (in addition to Late Night, which is itself not overly demanding but can present some issues).

In the meantime, you can test your existing saves in a clean folder.  Pull your existing TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.  Load a new world and play for a bit, just to make sure it works, and then you can copy your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.  If your saves can load in a clean folder, then the question is how to keep that folder working.  But if the saves still refuse to load, they unfortunately may not be salvageable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,221 Views)