Sims 3 is too big for my computer

by Luk3_33O55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 is too big for my computer

★★★ Novice

My Sims 3 game is too big for my computer and it is unplayable, as the tick and cross buttons for create a style are hidden, making it impossible to build, create Sim's or change options. The only solutions that I have found are:

1. Get a laptop with a larger screen
  2. Change the resolution of the game, which has not fixed it.

Are there any other solutions for this problem that I couldn't find?

Message 1 of 5 (754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 is too big for my computer

@Luk3_33O55  One possible step you can try is trashing the options.ini file in your TS3 game folder (in Documents).  When you launch the game again, a new file will be created, and it will hopefully scale the game to your screen.  You'll need to adjust your other settings as well, both for graphics and game options (age stage length, season length, that kind of thing).

Another option is to play in windowed mode.  You can choose this in the game options as well, along with the other graphics settings.  If the user interface is too small, try lowering TS3's resolution.  If you like the fullscreen effects, try Windowed Borderless Gaming (free download).  Hopefully, that program will properly scale the window to your screen.

If these steps don't help, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (742 Views)

All Replies

@Luk3_33O55  One possible step you can try is trashing the options.ini file in your TS3 game folder (in Documents).  When you launch the game again, a new file will be created, and it will hopefully scale the game to your screen.  You'll need to adjust your other settings as well, both for graphics and game options (age stage length, season length, that kind of thing).

Another option is to play in windowed mode.  You can choose this in the game options as well, along with the other graphics settings.  If the user interface is too small, try lowering TS3's resolution.  If you like the fullscreen effects, try Windowed Borderless Gaming (free download).  Hopefully, that program will properly scale the window to your screen.

If these steps don't help, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).

Message 2 of 5 (743 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

Thank you! Just so I know, what do you mean by trashing? Deleting?

Message 3 of 5 (718 Views)

@Luk3_33O55  Yes, I meant deleting.  Many of the files in your game folder are replaceable, like options.ini, or expendable (like some of the log files).  And in fact the game folder and its component parts are designed to be swappable, so there's no harm in removing something to see whether your game works better without it.

Message 4 of 5 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you!
Message 5 of 5 (696 Views)