Sims 3 install issues

by pinkbloop

Original Post

Sims 3 install issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

But first I tried that and it doesn't work so I click on it again and it pops up on my HP PC computer that says do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device I click yes it says setup is preparing to install shield with wizard which will guide you through the rest of the setup process please wait then it pops up this product requires an installed copy of the Sims 3 please install the Sims 3 before installing this product and I just bought the game opened it up and put the disc in and I already downloaded origin like you said and nothing is working can I please get some help

Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)

Re: Sims 3 install issues

@pinkbloop  I've split your post into its own topic, since it sounds like you're having a different issue than the one discussed in the original thread.

Are you trying to install Sims 3 from disc and without Origin?  If so, please check on the back of the box for a copyright date.  Any base game disc manufactured September 2012 or later requires the install process to go through Origin.  The cases for these discs also usually have a banner across the top of the front, saying something like "go social."  If you have one of these, it's best to just install through Origin and skip the hassle of the disc.

If you do have an older base game disc, you can keep Origin out of it.  But you'll need to decline the offer for the EA Download Manager to control the install process, as this tool will try to upgrade itself to Origin.

Either way, please list the packs you own and are trying to install, as well as whether you own disc or digital copies.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The front of the taste doesn't say anything the back of it although I just realized I say origin powered by EA and it says requires the Sims 3 to play so I'm not sure what I have to do if I can maybe download The Sims 3 for free through origin and then be able to download the disc but that work

Message 3 of 4 (197 Views)

@pinkbloop  It sounds like you have a disc for an expansion or stuff pack.  What is the full title on the case?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (193 Views)