Sims 3 game laggy and unplayable

by Stargirl_X0

Original Post

Sims 3 game laggy and unplayable

★★★ Newbie

I factory reset my vaio laptop hoping this would fix the issue as sims is the only thing i use my laptop for but the game is still really laggy. It loads quickly but when it gets into building and CAS it takes ages to do one thing evrything is really delayed. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (423 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game laggy and unplayable

Hero (Retired)

@Stargirl_X0   Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag. How to post dxiag - how to post your dxdiag  You can attach the file to the paper clip in the lower right of the response window - thank you

Message 2 of 4 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm using PC

Message 3 of 4 (414 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Stargirl_X0   The cpu (Intel Core 2 Dual T7250) was released in 2007. This cpu does not have turbo boost or any other turbo technology so you get 2 GHz at most which is less the the game requirement of 2.4GHz. The Nvidia driver for the 8400 GT chip has not been installed correctly or corrupt and needs to be fixed. The Intel video chip is showing 0 dedicated video memory and the Nvideo chip driver is not reporting correctly. This game has a minimum 128Mb dedicated video memory required. IMO the 200 Gb hard drive is too small to run games like the Sims 3 that has expansion packs. There is no telling what the storage requirements will be for this game as you add expansion packs. The dxdiag shows multiple update failures. These need to be fixed but I feel this may be caused by the small system drive. Your computer uses DDR2 memory modules and is out of date. Updating the video drivers does not cost anything but time and the Windows 10 updates may help. You need to get advise on getting your computer up to date.

Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)