Re: Sims 3 game is showing incorrectly on windows 10

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 game is showing incorrectly on windows 10

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I’ve had windows 10 installed on my laptop for a while now, and was previously able to play my sims 3 game with minimal issues. The game would occasionally crash, but it always showed correctly when it launched. My windows 10 just updated some of its security features, and since then my game will launch, but it doesn’t seem to show correctly. The blue bar will not go all the way across the screen anymore, everything appears smaller, and when my game is loading it has a black bar on both sides of the screen. I have tried changing my resolution on both the game itself in the options menu, and on my laptop, I have gone down the list of things EA said to try, I’ve ran the game (version 1.69) in compatibility mode, I tried switching in and out of windows mode in game, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything including origin. Nothing is seeming to work. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue, if it’s been able to be fixed, or if I should just switch to sims 4 maybe? 

also, I’m not very tech savvy lol

Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game is showing incorrectly on windows 10

@Ali_Michelle25  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

No one here is going to suggest you switch to Sims 4, and in fact Sims 3 runs just fine in Windows most of the time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)