Re: Sims 3 game has really bad lag and almost freezing

by dedewade

Original Post

Sims 3 game has really bad lag and almost freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I love the Sims 3, but sometimes it can really get on my nerves!

I have been playing this household for a couple of weeks now in this custom town "Haunted Valley 2". I only have one sim and her cat in the household and then a roommate. My game has been going so well and then like a two days ago I tried playing. It went well for like 15 min then all of a sudden It started to lag really bad! I tried to figure out what to do so I searched up if anyone else had it. I cleared my cache files, I reset my game taking out the folder, I went on Origin to repair it, I did everything i could in the files, I reset the town like at least 5 times already. Nothing worked. I was thinking It could just be the amount of random collectables on the ground, but i don't know how to delete every single one. I have used all I could on the Nraas mods. Like register, over watch, Master controller reducing sims and pets animals, almost emptying my world. STILL NOTHING! im simply loosing my mind over this! somebody please help meee!Frown Also to add By lag I mean like barely even moves. I don't know if this is important info but she's in the stylist career so i was wondering if that could be why.

Message 1 of 10 (768 Views)

@dedewade  If you think the stylist career is affecting how your game runs, then it's easy enough to have your sim quit and see what happens.  You could use "save as" to rename the save first, so your original remains intact and you can experiment on the new copy.

If that doesn't help though, it's entirely possible that your save became corrupted in some way.  These things happen from time to time, and the best solution is usually to revert to a previous save.  Do you have one from before the lag started happening?  Using it would be easier than the other methods you haven't tried.

If you don't have an old enough backup save, try adding NRaas ErrorTrap if you haven't already.  If you get an interesting error, not just a cleanup log but something that might point to the problem, you could take it to the NRaas forum and ask for help interpreting it.  The same goes for a whole pile of errors—that would be especially helpful in narrowing down or even pinpointing the source of the problem.

If you want to try deleting objects though, click on the ground somewhere out in the world (not on a lot) and select NRaas > MasterController > Object Stats > Local, and you'll get a list of all objects in the world minus those on a lot.  Select the ones you want to delete and flush them.  This also works if you click on a lot, but the list of objects will only include those on the lot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, First I tried to go to an older save a little after the incident and quit her job I didn't get anything from that, and I honestly made a bad decision to not backup because I got lazy Frown. Then after went to the newest game to see if I could quit her job. It was completely frozen and every sim in the game wasn't moving but the world was. Also it works smoothly when its paused but other then that no luck. After trying to reset the town for the 3rd time it took like about 7 min and my sim started to move again and I made her quit her job. After that sims started to move and everything but it still was a little fishy. Then I looked at multiple forms for files corrupted and stuff about sims freezing and I choose a solution that said to evict my sim then put them back in the lot. After I did that my roommate became an active sim so I looked up how to turn him into an NCP It didn't work so I just killed him lol. I decided to save as and try what you said about Nraas. But I'm not sure how so could you give me instructions? and could you further explain about corrupted files I don't know what they are.

Message 3 of 10 (720 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dedewade OH and my game didn't save.
Message 4 of 10 (719 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dedewade another weird update happened. I relaunched the game I randomly found the save. The save thumbnail has a weird brown glitch on it with no sims on it!!
Message 5 of 10 (715 Views)

@dedewade  If you're looking to delete objects using MasterController, the process really is as simple as I described: click on the ground and select the options listed.  If you're talking about ErrorTrap, just download and add it to your Mods\Packages folder, delete scriptCache.package, load your save, and let it run for a few minutes.  Let me know how many scripterrors you see, and we'll go from there.

Please make sure to get the version of ErrorTrap made for Origin installs, not one the disc or Steam version.

Message 6 of 10 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I didn’t clarify this before, but I have almost all the Nraas mods for best performance in my game. Including error trap. I’ve been playing this game for yeaaaars. And I just need to figure out how to get my errors read for me. Thank you so much. Standard smile oh and to add, when I clicked on the ground I couldn’t track where to find what you listed in master controller. I don’t know if its just my version of the mod or something but it’s not there.

Message 7 of 10 (690 Views)

@dedewade  If you click on the ground somewhere out in the world (not on a lot) and select NRaas, there should be two MasterController options, one that has a bullseye next to it and one with a : (colon) after it.  Click the one with a colon, and you should see the option I mentioned.  The other one will just offer "Radius add to inventory" and "Radius purge," neither of which is going to help here.

For the ErrorTrap errors, you can create a thread on the NRaas forum and upload the files.  If you have one or two, just drag the files themselves into the text window where you're typing your reply; for more than that, highlight all of them, right-click and Compress, upload the .zip file to a third-party filehosting site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and link the download when you post there.

Message 8 of 10 (680 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Ooooh, now i get it sorry. As soon as i get on my computer I’ll do it.
Message 9 of 10 (660 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I just decided to give up because their is no good coming out of this. I tried all I could and nothing is working. Ill just clean out my files and delete the save as if  it didn't happen. I hope that someone can figure this out someday. The Nraas Forums don't work for me. The delete objects thing is just not going to do anything. Thank you for helping me. I appreciate it. Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (638 Views)