Re: Sims 3 game files not being recognised as installed?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 game files not being recognised as installed?

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I have downloaded The Sims 3 from Origin (I haven't used it since the Cataline on mac but now i have a PC!) Downloaded all the ones I owned through Origin but when I boot it up- it's only base game? Why are the expansions/stuff packs that have said they have downloaded not been put in the game? If I go into The Sims 3 manager it shows I have to install the packs but If I press install it send me straight back to Origin....and nothing happens??? 

HELP! The game files have been put in C/: folder under Origin games and I can't move any of them. Why it say in Origin their downloaded and the files are in my computer but TS3 manager doesn't recognise them in the game and think I need to install them??

Message 1 of 3 (383 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@misslizard  Are the packs listed in the Expansions & Stuff tab in the launcher?  If so, all you need to do is check them off, not click Install.  Everything listed in that launcher tab is already installed and validated.  The list is for deciding which packs load in any given play session, for example you could decide to play a save without Pets or Into the Future, but you wouldn't need to uninstall the packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (374 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@misslizard  Are the packs listed in the Expansions & Stuff tab in the launcher?  If so, all you need to do is check them off, not click Install.  Everything listed in that launcher tab is already installed and validated.  The list is for deciding which packs load in any given play session, for example you could decide to play a save without Pets or Into the Future, but you wouldn't need to uninstall the packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (375 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahhh...I will try this! thank you!

Message 3 of 3 (354 Views)