Sims 3 extension pack downloading error

by morgace

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 extension pack downloading error

★★ Novice

Hello, I’ve been trying since yesterday to download a few Sims 3 extension packs, but every time I try to start the installation I get an error message:

« There’s a problem with your download.

Something went wrong during your download. Give us a few minutes, then try again. »

I already try clearing the cache, restart the EA app and my laptop, and even reinstalled the app but still nothing.

Message 1 of 5 (450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 extension pack downloading error

@morgace  It appears the issues with downloading Sims 3 have mostly been resolved, with the only remaining problem being that sometimes individual packs don't install properly when the base game is already installed.  I hope the EA App will be updated again to address this, and if you want, you can wait for a bit to see if that happens.  But that's your only option other than reinstalling the entire game, which, like I said, should work fine now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (387 Views)

All Replies

@morgace  Please uninstall Sims 3 and try again to download it.  If you have saves or other user data (mods, saved households, etc.) you want to preserve, first make a backup copy of the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  While this folder shouldn't get deleted during the uninstall process, sometimes it does.

Message 2 of 5 (436 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@morgace  Please uninstall Sims 3 and try again to download it.  If you have saves or other user data (mods, saved households, etc.) you want to preserve, first make a backup copy of the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  While this folder shouldn't get deleted during the uninstall process, sometimes it does.

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

Well I could try but what if I have the same issue trying to reinstall the Sims 3?

Seems a bit risky.

Message 3 of 5 (402 Views)

@morgace  It appears the issues with downloading Sims 3 have mostly been resolved, with the only remaining problem being that sometimes individual packs don't install properly when the base game is already installed.  I hope the EA App will be updated again to address this, and if you want, you can wait for a bit to see if that happens.  But that's your only option other than reinstalling the entire game, which, like I said, should work fine now.

Message 4 of 5 (388 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello again.

I’ve tried reinstalling the game and I had a few issues at first but it worked!

Thank you so much.

Message 5 of 5 (290 Views)