Sims 3 expansions missing

by SnowyLuary26

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansions not showing up in sims launcher

★★★ Novice

Currently experiencing this issue. I have cleared IE's cache and rebooted, I've cleared Origin's cache and rebooted. I have uninstalled everything and cleared the registry files and reinstalled through Origin. I have previously purchased all of these games via disc but they've been used on a computer many years ago. So, I've resorted to repurchasing them directly through Origin. To no avail, I still have two specific expansions which aren't loading in the launcher. Specifically they are Seasons Limited Edition and University Life. The thing that doesn't make sense, is a few months ago these packs worked fine. Considering it was before I merged two separate EA accounts. I got access to more TS3 games through this, while some store content I previously owned has been revoked. I am beyond frustrated and disappointed in EA for still selling a broken game at half the price. They should be free at this point, considering thousands of people are still having issues. I have contacted EA and they have only referred me to the previous forums on this topic and could only tell me to uninstall and try again. It's clear they have no remorse for their customers. I hope you solve this issue, as it's still occurring to this day. And it's not my computer which is the problem, I'm running Windows 10 (unfortunately) on an Intel i7 CPU on 48 GB RAM, 64 bit processor. Monitor is Acer XN253Q P, 144Hz. Origin says they are installed, all the other packs have no issues except for those aforementioned. Now considering trying to bypass Origin and execute TS3W.exe, yet I have no hope. Hopefully this problem will be solved someday by a fortunate soul.

Message 281 of 287 (1,137 Views)

@Oceaneyes1314  There's no way to bypass Origin if you've installed the game through Origin, unfortunately.  So don't waste your time there.

Did you buy separate copies of the missing packs before or after you cleaned your computer's registry?  If you haven't uninstalled, cleaned the registry, and reinstalled since you added the new packs, it's worth doing now.

If you've already tried, or this doesn't help, then it does sound like your packs have been blocked.  This can happen with account merges, and it's even possible that with one blocked copy of a pack, the second active copy won't be usable.  (I've never seen actual confirmation on this, just anecdotal info.)  So you may need to contact EA support (yet again, sorry) and ask that the old copies be removed from your account.

If you don't get anywhere with support, please let me know; I'll ask around if there's anything else you should be doing here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 282 of 287 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response.

I’ve contacted EA support twice and asked if the packs have a hold  or are blocked, and they said they aren’t blocked and are active. I have bought other packs, but I believe these ones were already on the account I merged my previous one into.

I’m not sure why the launcher isn’t registering these packs, after reinstalling in order of release.

It’s baffling this same issue is occurring 7 years later, but you can’t blame EA for trying to make money. They are a business, but this is just ridiculous.

Thanks for trying to help me, it just feels pointless and I honestly don’t want them to take away access for me to purchase it again, at the risk of this happening again. Is it so much to just want to play Seasons and UL? I just want holidays, and I’d gladly trade in IP and Into the Future just for these packs back. Thanks again.

Message 283 of 287 (1,104 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing

★★★ Newbie

This is BS! We shouldn't have to figure out what happened to our stuff. It shouldn't have disappeared in the first place. Please my expansions and stuff back in my game.

Message 284 of 287 (944 Views)

@DebLabuda  If you happen to have bought a secondhand copy of any Sims 3 packs, or you bought what turned out to be a bad code from a third party, this can happen.  In that case, EA is within its rights to revoke the content associated with the code(s) in question.

To find out whether this happened to you, you'll need to contact EA customer support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 285 of 287 (930 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah but in my case i was told today that the retailer blocked the codes yet i know they cant do that 

Message 286 of 287 (830 Views)

@thisisonps3  The retailer can request that EA block the keys, making this a case of semantics to some extent.  Either way, you'd need to go back to the retailer to sort this out; EA won't do anything without a request to unblock.

Message 287 of 287 (815 Views)