Re: Sims 3 Expansions not showing up in sims launcher

by Parakeet_Savior

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Disappeared

★ Guide

@Shannon4J wrote:

I'm sorry this happened to you!!  You can also buy The Sims 3 through Steam. Watch for their HUGE sales and get the Expansion Packs for $4.99 each!   Some might be a couple $$ more.  If you buy through Steam, which is on EA's list of authorized sellers, you can register and install them in Steam, or in Origin, but not both.   That's what I ended up doing to get the packs back in my game that I bought on eBay.  Too many save files were not usable if I didn't buy them back. Frown  

Hope you get it sorted out! Standard smile

Actually I believe you can only register them on your EA account, but you can redeem your code both on steam and origin, but you can only play them either on steam or origin.

Message 271 of 287 (3,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't know what EA end game is, 'cause I own both the Sims 3 and Sims 4. This evening I noticed all the vehicles and bikes are missing out my game and the base game is missing but it runs. I purchase the base game and another game from Best Buy, all the rest were purchased through Origin. I registered all games with EA. Now I don't even see the base game to purchase again.

Message 272 of 287 (3,029 Views)

@monovia  There may be some error with your account, which only EA customer support would be able to fix.  But the first step is to clear Origin's cache and restart your computer.  If that doesn't help, try uninstalling Origin ("the hard way") and reinstalling; this wouldn't affect your installed games.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If neither of these steps help, you'll need to contact EA and ask someone to look into your account.  Best Buy is an authorized third-party seller, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with your codes.  But sometimes EA deactivates a code by mistake, and the only way to fix it is to get a CS rep to lift the block.  It would help if you could provide proof of purchase or ownership (receipts; photos of discs, cases, inserts with codes printed on them; etc.) during the chat.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 273 of 287 (3,021 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The same thing happened to me.I had all expansions and stuff packs. I tried everything with them and have been trying to deal with this issue for two years, and the problem yeah I bought them from Ebay back in 2015 and then almost 3 years later they get disabled. I tried contacting my seller, nothing, EA told me my only solution is to rebuy from origin. Which is not an option. I tried calling them like everyone suggested but all I was offered was a 15% discount on my next purchase. EA is just greedy at this point. Look at all the overpriced dlc they are releasing for sims 4. Anyways I've tried everything still haven't got anywhere with them besides, "your codes weren't bought from an unauthorized seller" ect ect. At this point we should just go to the BBB maybe then they work with all of us that spent our money. 

Message 274 of 287 (2,717 Views)

@Parakeet_Savior  The issue is that the deactivated codes were likely originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained.  (There's a reason those codes are so cheap.)  EA only recently, as in a bit more than two years ago, started accounting for those codes, and cancelling them on users' accounts.  Even though the end users usually had no idea there was anything wrong with their purchases, the codes themselves were still not legitimate, and so EA is within its rights to deny use of the packs tied to those codes.

The message about unauthorized sellers is saying that the only way you know you've received a valid code is to go through either Origin or an authorized vendor of EA games (Amazon, Best Buy, etc.).  While an unauthorized seller might provide a legit code, there's no guarantee, and no protection if the code doesn't work, or if it's deactivated later.  As for the high pricing, it's been this way for a while.  If you don't like it, wait for a sale.  Origin discounts Sims 3 content a couple of times a year, and so does Steam.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 275 of 287 (2,708 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing

★★★★★ Newbie

I realized I had created two accounts. Once I signed in to the correct one, I used the Repair Game option and this got everything back up. Thanks for the tips!

Message 276 of 287 (2,519 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me for months with an Island Paradise expansion!  It says installed in Origin, I can find files within the EP10 folder in ProgramFilesx86 but it isn't in my game nor my game launcher. Ive cleared caches, I've uninstalled/reinstalled the expansion, the game, and Origin all to no avail.  The expansion is even installed and working perfectly on my old computer (a Mac) but ever since I got this new one (acer, i5) it hasn't worked once.  I got the expansion from g2a, but I've bought expansions from there before, and again since then, that all work just fine on both computers, and even if my code was suddenly rejected people report that their game appears as though they've never bought it, not that the game is purchased and the user is able to install it but it just doesn't work.  I've stumped multiple EA TechSupport associates via IM so if ANYONE can figure this out I'd be eternally grateful!

Message 277 of 287 (2,251 Views)

★★ Guide

@Sharlot4150   I hate to disappoint you, but this is exáctly what happened when my code stopped working. It was still in origin, still on my pc, reinstallable, the whole package. Only the sims 3 launcher would never accept it, and therefore it wouldn't show up in my game. The only thing you can do is open a ticket in G2A if you still can, saying you bought a code that stopped working. If you still have support they might get you another code or your money back. If not you probably have to get yourself a new working one for that pack.

Message 278 of 287 (2,247 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing

★★★ Newbie

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TRIED UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING EXPANSION PACKS, TRY THIS 

-Open your Sims launcher, NOT origin.

-Origin will then ask you to sign in, do so.

-Go back to the Sims game launcher.

-Underneath the play button, click expansions. 

-Make sure your expansions are checked as ACTIVE in the active boxes! 

I hope this helped.

Message 279 of 287 (1,879 Views)

★★ Novice

Have any of you guys got your games back? And if so how? I played the game with all expansion packs fine in 2020, and then recently I wanted to get back to it and had to do the 64 bit update (weird that I didn't have to do it in 2020). But when I re-uploaded everything, the Paradise Island expansion was missing.

I got the same email as you all about the chargeback (which I didn't even know was a thing, maybe because i'm not from the US?), but it just doesn't make sense. I bought the expansion pack, along with a few others, back in 2015!! And now only Paradise Island is an issue, but the seller doesn't exist on Ebay anymore so I can't contact them. Apparently, the company shut down in 2018, so they couldn't have initiated a chargeback in 2021... right?

Sooo annoyed, it definitely was legit because I remember doing lots of research to make sure I wasn't buying something dodgy. It had a lot of positive reviews and explained its cheaper prices by bulk buying games.

Message 280 of 287 (1,510 Views)