Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AlHollandiyah:

I bought them from Steam, I did not download or do anything from Steam but get the codes.  I went to my Origin and chose to "Redeem Code" and put them in one-by-one (I had to re-buy 9).  It just activated the game that was already there.  I don't know how it all works, I just know it allowed me to get my gamepacks working again! Woot! Standard smile  Hope this helps! Standard smile

Message 231 of 287 (1,226 Views)

★★ Guide

@Shannon4J

That's exactly what I was hoping. I feared that it wouldn't work to put a new code into origin because it would state something like already owned. I will put in a new code as soon as I get one and then redownload the pack! Thanks!

Message 232 of 287 (1,220 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AlHollandiyah:

You're welcome!! Standard smile  I feared the same thing, I bought 1 pack and tested it out first, then bought the rest when I saw it worked and was in my launcher and I was able to play my game with the content! Woot!! Standard smile 

Message 233 of 287 (1,215 Views)

★★ Guide

Thats what we all do it for right? I am so curious to world adventures because I love puzzle games too and now I can combine it in a way! So far all the other packs still work in the launcher, so hopefully I will soon have a complete set in the Ts3 launcher as well as in origin!

Message 234 of 287 (1,214 Views)

★★ Guide

@Shannon4J

It worked! I got a new code and put it into origin and now the pack shows up!! Thanks for your advice!

Message 235 of 287 (1,189 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Awesome!! So glad to have helped!! Standard smile
Message 236 of 287 (1,182 Views)

Re: sims 3 eps missing

★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply!

I bought it from a third party vendor. When I tried contacting EA customer support I didn't get a response at all.

Message 237 of 287 (1,164 Views)

Re: sims 3 eps missing

EA app Team

Hi @astro-noodles,

What contact method did you try? If chat, did the chat window open?

Keep in mind some add blockers can cause issues with the chat, so please try another browser if you are having issues to chat with our advisors Wink

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 238 of 287 (1,155 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing

★★★ Newbie

I recently had this issue. Try re-entering your product code found on the inside of the disk box, if you purchased the game at a retailer. This will fix it, or having ea call you. Which is what I had to do in the end. 

Message 239 of 287 (1,116 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansions missing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My Electronic Arts patronage is over thanks to how this whole chargeback debacle has been handled. I also bought a few expansion packs from eBay in good faith, and now that EA can't punish the criminal, they choose to punish their customer instead. I bought a game, I paid for a game, and now EA just unilaterally decides to take it away from me? That's called stealing. I am never EVER giving EA my money over anything ever again anymore. I was someone who bought everything Dragon Age and Mass Effect on day one at full price. I will not be buying any more Dragon Age or Mass Effect DLC or sequels ever again so say goodbye to that money. The trust has been broken. I can never again trust that EA won't yank something that I legit paid for.

And on top of everything, they had the audacity to threaten me with losing my entire account -- including all games I had bought at Origin Store itself at full price -- if I "did more chargebacks", when I hadn't done a single one in the first place. Talk about insult on top of injury.

Message 240 of 287 (1,043 Views)