Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

by LoumaryMorales

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, in light of all this mess, if I may ask @EA_Mai....this kinda brings up another question.....

While I'm guessing that most won't.....but what if those that were effected by this wanted to repurchase their expansions directly through Origin?

How would that be handled if some of the content has been blocked by EA?  Surely you're going to allow them that option, given this isn't the fault of the customer, correct?

I am really, really upset that EA would treat their customers like they willingly were involved in a scam of this type.  I was even picked by EA as one of the top creators to preview TSO when it first went live (way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth), and I also work in the industry as a programmer, so I know full well the meaning of trying to protect the integrity of the work we do.  And frankly, there's no way in hell I would do that.

This whole thing is just really, really ugly.

Message 121 of 287 (2,037 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Linamints I filed a dispute a while ago and have heard nothing. Chat doesn't help, and I would really like to speak to someone about this, rather than automated emails. Especially as I can't even buy back the eps cause they are installed.

Thanks guys

Message 122 of 287 (1,982 Views)

★ Apprentice

Exactly, can buy it again, It say is installed, so what are they planning to do? 

Message 123 of 287 (1,979 Views)

★ Apprentice

@GMGamerGirl wrote:

Well, in light of all this mess, if I may ask @EA_Mai....this kinda brings up another question.....

While I'm guessing that most won't.....but what if those that were effected by this wanted to repurchase their expansions directly through Origin?

How would that be handled if some of the content has been blocked by EA?  Surely you're going to allow them that option, given this isn't the fault of the customer, correct?

I am really, really upset that EA would treat their customers like they willingly were involved in a scam of this type.  I was even picked by EA as one of the top creators to preview TSO when it first went live (way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth), and I also work in the industry as a programmer, so I know full well the meaning of trying to protect the integrity of the work we do.  And frankly, there's no way in hell I would do that.

This whole thing is just really, really ugly.

Agreed. I feel like I've been branded a criminal. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. It makes me feel absolutely gross that EA is treating us this way.

Message 124 of 287 (1,965 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Pack Not Showing in Origin

★★★★★ Newbie

Hiya, 

I am having an issue where i open origin to play on the sims, and when my game launcher opens, not all of my expansions are listed. 

I went back on to Origin and the expansions that are missing are now saying 'download' when i click this, they instantly say done, but do not allow me to further install them.

I have repaired the game, and made sure it is up to date, but I am unsure of what else i can do.

It's getting beyond frustrating as i have spent that much money on my games, i don't want to have to rebuy them Frown

Message 125 of 287 (1,699 Views)

★ Apprentice

I hope they do something, or I will have to move to steam.

Frown It really sad they did this, and if is an error, they fix it soon.

I really wanted to play the game...

Message 126 of 287 (1,933 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansions not showing up in sims launcher

★★★★★ Newbie

@puffetta944 wrote:

Yes,they told me that EA terms of service put a ban on my missing Island Paradise EP (purchased from ebay)  and then they escalated my case to the terms of service team,but they have told me that they are doing their best to get the game back for me.

So i hope that they get it back soon.

Hiya,

Did you manage to get your game back?

I spoke to someone at EA who told me someone will get back to me within 72 hours, meanwhile I contacted Amazon, and they credited me my money back, but I am currently waiting for Ebay to contact me.

Still waiting to hear back from EA, hoping they will be able to advise on what to do Frown

Message 127 of 287 (1,929 Views)

★ Apprentice

They sent me this:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your inability to access Sims 3 expansions.

After reviewing your case, we found that your game was purchased from a third-party retailer who has requested that the code should be disabled.

You can resolve this issue by contacting the retailer.

Thank you,

EA Terms of Service"

I tried to contact the retailer but he ignored me and deleted his whole Ebay shop Zipped lips so i couldn't do anything to get my money back 

Message 128 of 287 (1,855 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got the same response this morning, but my expansion was not purchased through eBay.  It was purchased two years ago, through a gaming site, and I'm sorry, but I really have my doubts that this site would have reached out to EA after all those YEARS to say "Yeah, you should disable that code."

Now I'm still awaiting a response here from someone at EA as to how we're going to solve the issue of the expansions appearing as installed, but not showing up in the launcher.  I've already removed the folders and redownloaded the missing ones, but to no avail.

Message 129 of 287 (1,851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I chatted to an advisor yesterday who fixed the issue of them showing up as installed but not in the launcher.... So now they are available at £30 again. MY particular sellers have not gone offline or deleted their shop... and apparently EA closed my dispute but I was only told this by an advisor when I opened online chat - NO EMAIL. No chance to even discuss.

Message 130 of 287 (1,824 Views)