Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

by BULLSUGARR

Original Post

Sims 3 Late Night not showing up in Launcher..?

★★ Novice

Hello there Teeth bared

I opened up my Sims 3 Launcher this morning and Late Night wasn't on the list of installed expansion packs. My other two expansions, Ambitions and Seasons, are still there and work fine. Strangely, Late Night shows up as 'Installed' on Origin. I do not want to reinstall the game because each piece takes about 2 days to install because my WiFi is rubbish.

I have tried opening the launcher when the game is offline and repairing the game, but none of those worked. Perishly thought I could enjoy the game I paid an arm and a leg for, but oh well, I'll just sit typing this useless thread that'll get no responses.

Message 91 of 287 (2,794 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Late Night not showing up in Launcher..?

Hero (Retired)

@Viperinelight50  Where did you get the Late Night expansion pack?

Message 92 of 287 (2,788 Views)

Expansion Packs missing

★ Novice

Hi, I currently have 8 installed expansion packs on my origin launcher. However, when I open the Sims launcher, only 5 show up. I've tried reinstalling everything and even when I switched my origin account from my desktop and my laptop and re-installed everything, the same thing happened. 

Message 93 of 287 (2,799 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs missing

★★★ Apprentice

Did you purchase the missing expansion packs from eBay? Origin has recently done a mass block of codes purchased through eBay and other unauthorized retailers. With my experience it took about 3-4 days for Origin to slowly disable each and every pack I bought off of eBay.

If you have purchased in the last 180 days you are still covered by Paypal buyer protection.I would call EA and see if the expansion packs have been blocked on their end and if they disabled your expansions you can send your proof of purchase and other relevant information to accountdisputes(at)ea.com.

Message 94 of 287 (2,791 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I live in Brazil and my World Adventures is missing. I try to call to EA but the number doesn't work. Have the expansion CD and don't know what to do...
And have a bad english...

Message 95 of 287 (2,802 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion packs are now missing from my account.

★ Novice

Thank you for the information. Yes, most were purchased from eBay.   That explains the issue!   Although one was purchased from Amazon.

Message 96 of 287 (2,809 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion packs are now missing from my account.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Expansions from Amazon should not be getting removed. It is possible that since having these eBay codes generate a ToS violation for your account that the Amazon expansion was removed in error, but i cannot say for sure. You can contact EA with your proof of purchase. Here is an article about everything you'll need: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase/

If you find out that maybe you just had a bad Amazon retailer I'm relatively sure Amazon offers some protection, it may be worth talking to their customer support and asking.

Message 97 of 287 (2,883 Views)

Re: Missing expansion that was bought from cgsonline. Anyone else?

★ Guide

@PledgeDuster

It is a bunch of different sellers. I have looked through most all of the posts on this issue and I have seen many different seller names. I also have done some checking over on eBay. I think there  was 1 maybe 2 main distributors that were supposed to be authorized to sell the codes. And the sellers on eBay purchased through the distributor to then re-sell on their eBay business/store. That is why so many sellers are involved. Which means they were purchasing in good faith also, but now they are looking at loosing their selling privileges, their store, loosing a bunch of money and their income. Which is a shame so many people; simmers, sellers, plus EA were affected by the wrong doings of a shady distributor. I could be wrong, but after checking on things that is what it looks like happened.

Message 98 of 287 (2,871 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any idea of where we can get updates for what happens next?

Message 99 of 287 (2,862 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Contact EA. A lot of folks are just out of luck and will have to re-purchase the games.

Message 100 of 287 (2,859 Views)