Re: Sims 3 Expansions not showing up in sims launcher

by HippieWiccan13

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been reading the past few days on Facebook and the problem seems to be with charge backs.  Whoever originally purchased the codes (and then resold them to simmers) has initiated a charge back with their credit card company.  Basically this means that they tell the CC company that they did not authorize the initial purchase and the CC company gives them their money back.  So, the CC company goes back to EA/Origin and voids the payment.  Now, EA/Origin is revoking usage rights for the games that they are being forced to refund the money for.  There is a petition on change.org to try to get folks their games back since they bought them in good faith.  All of this goes back to the original reseller on ebay (or where ever you buy cheap game codes).  They are trying to get their money back from their CC and keep the money folks paid them for codes.

Contact EA/Origin and see if they can help you.  Also...contact the site you purchased the codes through.  EBay should give you your money back...IDK about other sites!

Message 31 of 287 (2,603 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes,they told me that EA terms of service put a ban on my missing Island Paradise EP (purchased from ebay)  and then they escalated my case to the terms of service team,but they have told me that they are doing their best to get the game back for me.

So i hope that they get it back soon.

Message 32 of 287 (2,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

You bought the games from Ebay, so do you have serial code and disc? Did you make sure that you deleted all of the games and apps properly? Did you just put them in the recycling bin? Did you just push uninstall and install on the SIms3 games in the Origin app for your PC? To delete the games properly from your computer I go Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features. There you can choose which game you want to uninstall from your PC. Just scroll down to Sims then right click on the game you want to delete and choose uninstall. Then to install them again, you should  put your disc back into the computer and punch in the serial code.

Message 33 of 287 (2,623 Views)

Re: Missing expansion that was bought from cgsonline. Anyone else?

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems that EA is purging games from folks who didn't purchase them from authorized sellers.  I suggest contacting ebay and trying to get your money back. 

Message 34 of 287 (2,814 Views)

Re: Ambitions and World Adventure Not Showing up in Launcher

★ Apprentice

No. I can't.

Message 35 of 287 (2,692 Views)

Re: Ambitions and World Adventure Not Showing up in Launcher

★★★★★ Apprentice

If Origin says that they are still installed , you can still download them from Origin. Go to the Origin App on your PC. Go to browse games > The Sims > The Sims 3. Then find Ambitions and World Adventure. Click the learn more button on each game. It should appear when you hover over the game. If Origin says that you have it there should not be a price on it, there should be a green click mark that has the word OWNED next to it. When you click on the game there should be a orange button that says DOWNLOAD NOW. It is right above the button that says PURCHASE AS A GIFT. Click that button and it will download the game.

Message 36 of 287 (2,682 Views)

Re: where are my expansion and stuff packs?

★ Novice

the first place I looked was where you said but they don't even show up as me owning them. They were there 3 days ago but now they aren't. Some of the expansion and stuff packs I own are there but most of them aren't, yet when I looked in the program folder on my computer they show up as installed and working. I only have two expansion packs on disk, and they are working fine, the rest were brought by my daughter's grandparents and they sent the codes to me via email. They are going to send the disks but they are in Australia and it will take ages for them to get here and I need this sorted now.

Message 37 of 287 (2,703 Views)

★ Novice

I mean they don't even show up on Origin as me owning them, they don't show up on the Sims launcher at all.

Message 38 of 287 (2,702 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If Origin had said that the games were installed, you could of downloaded them form Origin. You would have gone to the Origin App on your PC. Then went to browse games > The Sims > The Sims 3.Then click the learn more button on each game. It should appear when you hover over the game. If Origin would of said that you had them there wouldn't have a price on it, but there should be a green click mark that has the word OWNED next to it. When you click on the game there should be a orange button that says DOWNLOAD NOW. It is right above the button that says PURCHASE AS A GIFT. Click that button and it will download the game. Does any of that work for you? It might only work if Origin says that you have it.

So when her grandparents bought the game, did they send you the disc and the code or just the code? If they just sent you the code, how were you able to download the game before? Did her grandparent buy the game from Origin, ebay, or from another store?

Message 39 of 287 (2,693 Views)

Message 40 of 287 (2,691 Views)