Sims 3 expansion problems

by Lewisjackson1995

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 expansion problems

★★★ Newbie

hi i recently brought sims3 on origin the went on to buy expansion discs for some reason when i try and install them it says i need the base game installed HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Message 1 of 4 (132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 expansion problems

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Is this the only computer you have the game installed on using disc? If so you may need to deauthorize your other computer to get the disc to play on this computer.

Is you patch 1.67? Check your launcher lower left hand corner for patch number

Do you have origin client installed?, Origin has been giving a lot of people issues who play on disc yet the new disc versions you can't play without origin!!! This may solve your issue and I dont know if you want to try it but I dont play on disc and dont have issues with the download verisons. .

if you do or have registered your disc version you get free download copy. You would have to manually uninstall the disc verisons off you computer to replace them with download verisons.

This is how to manually uninstall should you chose to go this route

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

Should you chose this route, we can then help you install the download verison properly.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (120 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Are you on PC or Mac?

look at your base game launcher lower left had corner what patch number do you have ? You should be patched to 1.67

Do you have origin client installed? This is for PC if you need Mac scroll down to the Mac link

https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

Message 2 of 4 (126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am on PC i can play the sims 3 but whenever i try and install a expansion pack using a disc it says i need the fist one

been trying to resolve it for over 3 hours

Message 3 of 4 (123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Is this the only computer you have the game installed on using disc? If so you may need to deauthorize your other computer to get the disc to play on this computer.

Is you patch 1.67? Check your launcher lower left hand corner for patch number

Do you have origin client installed?, Origin has been giving a lot of people issues who play on disc yet the new disc versions you can't play without origin!!! This may solve your issue and I dont know if you want to try it but I dont play on disc and dont have issues with the download verisons. .

if you do or have registered your disc version you get free download copy. You would have to manually uninstall the disc verisons off you computer to replace them with download verisons.

This is how to manually uninstall should you chose to go this route

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

Should you chose this route, we can then help you install the download verison properly.

Message 4 of 4 (121 Views)