Re: Sims 3 expansion packs completely disappeared from origin

by Skittlessimheart

Original Post

Sims 3 expansion packs completely disappeared from origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there, so to provide some minor backstory two of my expansion packs are completely gone from origin! I was able to play all of them just fine last month, but today I had to do a hard reset on my computer which removed everything. I reinstalled origin and only 5 of my games installed (including the base game.). The problem is I am still missing supernatural and seasons (which I both bought from origin)! Origin is telling me that I have to buy them which is so weird. I don't know what to do and I don't want to waste more money buying it again. I restarted my computer as I saw in a suggestion from someone who was having the same problem as me but it didn't fix anything. Is there anything I can do to get them back?

Message 1 of 10 (2,194 Views)

@Skittlessimheart  You'll need to contact EA customer support and ask what happened to your packs.  If you still have the email receipt for your purchase, you can take a screenshot and upload it when submitting the help request.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

You can also look up the order number on ea.com.  Sign in, open your account settings, click Order History, and you should be able to find a listing for each purchase.  Be sure to expand the time frame if you bought them more than three months ago.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (2,170 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried going through my order history and I only see the pack that I recently bought a few days ago. I even have packs that I've had for years that didn't even show up there. I just found both of the disks for supernatural and seasons and I'm going to see if this somehow helps!

Message 3 of 10 (2,155 Views)

@Skittlessimheart  I thought you said you'd bought the packs from Origin.  Having disc copies is completely different, and I'm not surprised you can't find a record of purchase, since there was no digital purchase to begin with.

Anyway, if you somehow never registered your product codes, try doing so now, and your packs should show up in your Origin game library.  Otherwise, take a photo for each pack that includes the disc, its case, and the insert with the code showing and readable.  You can upload these when requesting a live chat with EA support.

Message 4 of 10 (2,141 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah, my apologies! I'm sorry for the confusion! I registered all of my packs like you mentioned. Thank you! Now all I got to do is figure out how to log into the sims 3 launcher since it doesn't let me do so. All my uploads are completely wiped out. I'll look around for some already solved problems with this and see if I can figure this out. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 10 (2,107 Views)

@Skittlessimheart  If you're not having any luck signing into the launcher, try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Message 6 of 10 (2,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI cleared the cache as you mentioned, it didn't log me in at first so I tried again after like 30 minutes. Thankfully, it logged me in. All my saved families have been deleted. Does this mean I'll have to restart or can I somehow get my old one back? Also, thank you so much again!!

Message 7 of 10 (2,075 Views)

@Skittlessimheart  Your saves are stored separately from the game's installed files and may or may not have been removed when you uninstalled.  Please look in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves for any folders with your save names.  If you don't find any, check OneDrive's Documents folder for any Sims 3-related content.

If nothing turns up there either, try searching your computer.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter *.nhd (with the asterisk) in the search bar in the upper right corner.  If there are any usable saves, they'll each have at least one .nhd file inside.  If the search turns up any saves, click on one, click the "Open file location" icon, and you'll land wherever your files are.  From there, drag the entire Saves folder to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, or the individual save folders to the Saves folder that already exists.

If none of this helps, then your saves may unfortunately be gone for good.

Message 8 of 10 (2,060 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Ohhh okay, I didn't see any saves in my one drive or the sims 3 folders, unfortunately. So yesterday I just decided to restart. Sadly, today I tried logging in again and I can't get in at all. It logged me out. I tried clearing the cache on internet explorer and it still just won't let me in at all.
Message 9 of 10 (2,033 Views)

@Skittlessimheart  I'm not sure why the launcher is intermittently not working for you, but two possibilities come to mind.  One is that your password has a special character that the launcher is rejecting; the other is that some file within the Sims 3 user folder is being corrupted.

For the former, try changing your password to something with only letters and numbers.  For the latter, move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder and see whether you can sign in.  If not, the issue isn't the user files.  If you can in fact sign in, try transferring the files inside the old folder to the new one, but leave the contents of Downloads behind, as well as any files in DCCache that don't end in .dbc or .ebc.

Message 10 of 10 (2,022 Views)