Re: Sims 3 expansion pack only being on one account.

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 expansion pack only being on one account.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Me and my friends all have separate ea accounts and would give each other the codes for different expansion packs as they were quite expensive for us all to get individually. I think many people can agree that they haven't got the money to buy each expansion pack when they can just trade one they've got with their friend. Why can't you use one expansion pack on more than one account. This use to be possible so why isn't it now? In my opinion, and I believe others can agree, you should be able to us one one expansion pack code on more than one ea account. I think that a suitable number is five.

Message 1 of 2 (297 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion pack only being on one account.

Hero (Retired)

@TobleroneFTW  The DRM - Origin - is much like Valve's Steam, one game one account. I have posted many times why EA had to change the DRM in 2012. When you buy the game you do not own the game - what you buy is a license to use the software according to the TOS (terms of service). You also have to agree to the EULA (end user license agreement) the first time you play the game. The Sims 3 is a single user game as such one license one user. The sims 3 has been out for over 8 years and is still popular given there hasn't been any new packs for a while. I would like to install my Windows operating system on more then one computer but Microsoft has other ideas about that.

hth

Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)