Re: Sims 3 expansion pack install issue

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 expansion pack install issue

★ Novice

I recently purchased a new computer and I am installing Sims 3 and all of my purchased expansion packs.  I am having an issue with some of the expansions I purchased on Origin.  My Sims 3 original game is a cd, as are a few of my expansions.  I have had no issues with these installs.  However, when I go to install a few (not all) of my Digital Downloads I get the following error:

"DLC Compatibility Alert

It seems the base game for this DLC was not installed through Origin.  For THe SIms 3 Town Life Stuff to work, you will first need to:

1. Select Uninstall Now below, locate the base game, and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.

2. Download and install the base game through Origin by selecting it in My Games and clicking Download.

After that, you can download and play The Sims 3 Town LIfe Stuff."

I get this same error for 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff, Ambitions Expansion pack, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats,  Master Suite Stuff, Pets Expansion Pack, Seasons, Supernatural, Town Life Stuff, and World Adventures.

However University Life and Island Paradise Digital Download work fine.   How do I get the rest to work?

THanks!

-Brandie

Message 1 of 5 (1,778 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Hi.  I had the same problem, with a different expansion pack.  The following link worked for me and it's referred to by another forum member as being a solution - not that there is any logic to it: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/698154.page.  Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,876 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hi.  I had the same problem, with a different expansion pack.  The following link worked for me and it's referred to by another forum member as being a solution - not that there is any logic to it: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/698154.page.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 5 (1,877 Views)

★ Novice

What the what?  How does that work?!  Lol.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 5 (1,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having that issue with Island Paradise.

Message 4 of 5 (1,108 Views)

Hero (Retired)

is this the nessage you see ?

DLC Compatibilily Alert

It seems the base game for this DLC was nto installed through Origin. For the Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff to work, you will first need to:

1. Select unistall now below, locate the base game, and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.

2. Download and install the basegame through  origin by selectivng it in my games and clikcing download.

After that you can download and play The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff. "

do not do this (hope i'm not late in replying to you ) to be able to install the download version without reinstalling despite that message, do not click on the download button in origin click on the “i” (information) button  this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install

Message 5 of 5 (1,092 Views)