Re: Sims 3 don't see enought RAM

by WhitesLove

Original Post

Sims 3 don't see enought RAM

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I have a license copy with all DLCs in my Steam account. Play on Win10. 

I install some Custom Content for it. Today game say me "It's unexpected 12 error code".

I found that it's because of low RAM, that game can use. 

The game version is 1.67.

May be, you have a patch or something, for update the x32 exe to x64?

Really, I have 64 GB RAM and I just can't use it?...

When game start use 3GB RAM - you already know, that your save - is dead Frown

It's real problem. Please, help me and each, who deal with it. 

Message 1 of 6 (253 Views)

@WhitesLove  There's no way around the 4 GB RAM limit, or really about 3.7 GB once you factor in some overhead.  EA has shown no inclination to update Sims 3 to be 64-bit in Windows, which would be the only fix.  Without that, the game will continue to be limited by its use of 32-bit memory addresses.

What you can do is try playing in smaller worlds, test your mods and custom content and remove any items that cause spikes in RAM use, and turn off memories.  These are the biggest contributors to Error 12.  There are lots of smaller steps you can take listed here as well:

https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (243 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict But... I download it because I want (and i use) use it in my games. I even play only in custom worlds... Frown
Why i need to delete all, what i like for play in "pure" game?.. It's not a solution, sorry.
The 4GB patch can be particular solution for increase RAM?
Message 3 of 6 (241 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Or, may be, some ways for get upgrade of x64 exe from MacOS to Windows?...
I know it's different architecture of OS, but, i really sad, that i can't play my second (first if sims 2) favorite game freely Frown
Message 4 of 6 (230 Views)

@WhitesLove  I didn't say you need to remove all your mods and custom content.  What I said was you need to test it and remove any items that cause spikes in RAM use, or crashing, or any other performance issues.  This is just good practice and all the more necessary with a 32-bit app.

I don't know what 4 GB patch you're referencing, but if you mean the kind of patch that makes 32-bit apps large-address aware, Sims 3 received that patch in 2010.  It's already running at the mathematical limit for an application that uses 32-bit addresses.

And no, it's not possible to use any aspect of the 64-bit Mac version in Windows.  In addition to being written for a different OS, the Mac version uses an entirely different graphical API (Metal) that doesn't exist in Windows.  It would probably be more efficient to start fresh with a Windows-only update than to try to translate the Mac version for Windows.

This is all a moot point though.  As far as any of us knows, EA has absolutely no interest in updating the Windows version, which still runs fine, as opposed to the 32-bit Mac version which wouldn't run at all in the last four versions of macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (205 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I see...
Ohh, why they don't want to support their best games like Besethda ;(
Thank you for trying to help!
Message 6 of 6 (192 Views)