Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 does not recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

by jazzie_1718

Original Post

Sims 3 does not recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

So my issue is Sims 3 not recognizing my graphics card. I have already tried forcing the game to acknowledge the card via Nvidia control panel with TS3.exe and TS3W.exe files. In my DeviceConfig file, it says (Found: 0, Matched 0) which according to Sims Wiki  that means the game does not recognize the card. I have also been experiencing BOSD when I enter build/buy mode which could be related to the game not acknowledging my graphics card. I have also done the Data Execution Prevention. I will post the DxDiag and DeviceConfig in another comment below this one. I will also attach some screenshots.  The main issue is I am trying to find out what graphics card or previous generation is comparable to  Nvidia Geforce 840m. Click and skim over the Sims Wiki link to know what I am speaking about. Thank you for your help. 

Message 1 of 3 (258 Views)

Re: Sims 3 does not recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Additional files!!!!! Standard smile

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: Sims 3 does not recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

Hero

BSOD are usually hard ware related.

Have you run a hardware check ? Do you have any issues with other demanding games ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (226 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help