Re: Sims 3 does not recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

by jazzie_1718

Original Post

Sims 3 does not recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

★★★ Novice

Hello,

So my issue is Sims 3 not recognizing my graphics card. I have already tried forcing the game to acknowledge the card via Nvidia control panel with TS3.exe and TS3W.exe files. In my DeviceConfig file, it says (Found: 0, Matched 0) which according to Sims Wiki  that means the game does not recognize the card. I have also been experiencing BOSD when I enter build/buy mode which could be related to the game not acknowledging my graphics card. I have also done the Data Execution Prevention. I will post the DxDiag and DeviceConfig in another comment below this one. I will also attach some screenshots.  The main issue is I am trying to find out what graphics card or previous generation is comparable to  Nvidia Geforce 840m. Click and skim over the Sims Wiki link to know what I am speaking about. Thank you for your help. 

Message 1 of 3 (567 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Additional files!!!!! Standard smile

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 2 of 3 (565 Views)

Hero

BSOD are usually hard ware related.

Have you run a hardware check ? Do you have any issues with other demanding games ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (535 Views)