Re: Sims 3 does not open in any way

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 does not open in any way

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I have a problem which does not open sims 3 in any way, neither with the louncher nor with the file ts3.exe

If I try to open he just sends me to origin and nothing happens

Message 1 of 5 (475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too

Message 2 of 5 (450 Views)

@DilanKnot  Have you recently had accounts merged, or Sims 3 codes moved from one account to another?  Several people have had this same problem recently, caused by a move or merge that somehow ended up rendering their base game code useless.  Let me know if you think this might be the issue.

@Waya101  I answered your other post; your issue is a bit different than this one, although the cause may or may not be the same.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game in steam store and the same thing happened to me (when trying to open it nothing happened)

Then I registered them on the Thesims3.com page to be able to have them in origin and see if it might work with it, but I still had the same problem

I know that my pc meets the requirements becouse I can play sims 4, R6, fortnite and other games

Message 4 of 5 (418 Views)

@DilanKnot  I'm not sure why the Steam version didn't work.  If you reinstalled through Origin, you might have a mess of registry entries, but the game itself should still work.  Is there an issue with your Steam code?  If you cancelled the purchase, or it was blocked for some reason, that might cause the same problem.  You could contact Steam support to ask.

If you prefer, you can contact EA customer support instead.  A support rep should be able to tell you whether the base game code is still active and not blocked or otherwise unusable.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If that's not the issue, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, and I'll take a look.  Still though, the most common cause of your problem is a bad code.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (411 Views)