Re: Sims 3 does not launch, just minimizes Origin for a second

by JuliaKaliffen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 does not launch, just minimizes Origin for a second

★★★ Novice

I recently installed Sims 3 and all the accompanying expansions I have on a recently formatted computer, after merging two accounts .

Whenever I click the play button, origin minimizes for a few seconds as if the game was about to launch normally, then it reappears just where I left off.

The friends tab claims I'm playing the game, and the task manager does indeed confirm it runs for a split second, but nothing beyond that.

I've tried running both Sims and Origin as administrator, clearing respective caches, clearing the registry, changing firewall permissions, disabling the firewall and antivirus completely, I've booted clean, reinstalled Origin completely clean, reinstalled the game, disabled all overlays in all possible tabs, and probably a few other solutions I'm forgetting Confused

I have no idea what kind of logs I'm meant to submit so I'll just attach the two that seem to be the most informative. If anyone has any idea what I could be missing, please help Frown

Message 1 of 3 (3,298 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thankfully, I got some help from the tech support team and they reset the CD keys. Apparently someone had made a mistake while transfering my games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (3,253 Views)

All Replies

@JuliaKaliffen  Please try launching the game while completely offline, as in, disable wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable.  You can sign into Origin and then put it in offline mode before you disconnect.

If that doesn't help, restart your computer, then try to launch the game from TS3.exe.   (Origin will still ask you to sign in, but don't open it beforehand.)  You can try it both while online and not.  The .exe is in the game's files; the default path, unless you changed the install location, is this:

Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Be sure to use TS3.exe, not TS3W.exe, which doesn't work on Origin installs.  You can also try Sims3Launcher.exe (again, not with the W) instead.

If none of this makes a difference, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (3,277 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thankfully, I got some help from the tech support team and they reset the CD keys. Apparently someone had made a mistake while transfering my games.
Message 3 of 3 (3,254 Views)