Sims 3 crashing

by mhhb2

Original Post

Sims 3 crashing

★★★ Newbie

Um hi hello idk what to do because now everytime I open my sims 3 game and get to the game part it crashes like 7 seconds after I unpause it, and it started happening after I installed a bunch of cc and a couple of mods, but I deleted all the mods tho and it’s not that causing it and idk how to tell which cc is bad so can somebody help me figure out that 

Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: Sims 3 crashing

[ Edited ]

@mhhb2  Please first remove all custom content, to make sure that this is in fact the issue.  As long as you don't save your progress with the custom content removed, it won't permanently disappear from the save.  The point is to see whether you can get past the time when your save usually crashes.  If you get past it with no cc at all, quit without saving, then add back half your cc and test again.  If it still doesn't crash (quit without saving again), add half of the remaining cc.  If you do see a crash, remove half the cc you just added and test.  In this way, you can narrow down the source of the problem very quickly.

Each time you quit, make sure to delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  These files need to be deleted any time you add or remove content from your game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If the save still crashes even with no cc present at all, please let me know what in-game time it happens and what world you're playing in.  Please also let me know whether you use or would be willing to add a few NRaas mods, for more efficient troubleshooting.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (258 Views)