Sims 3 crashes when moving into house

by NNstine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 crashes when moving into house

★★★ Novice

It's been a while since I last made a family and moved it into a house.

The last couple of months I have only been building houses in the Sims without creating a sim for the house.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to create a family and play the game. I created the family without any problems, but as soon as I picked the house they should live in my game crashed and it said Sims stopped working. I was thinking it was just bad luck, so I opened sims again, but as soon as I wanted to let them move in it crashed again. I tried another town, just to chek if it was Aura Skies it was wrong with, but it wasn't. 

I have updated my origin, my patch and everything, to see if it would help. Sadly it didn't.

I have read a lot of stuff on other websites with people having problems too, I have tried deleting my chaches files, and half of the custom content I had, but still not working.

If i'm in edit town mode I can go into the house without any trouble and build in it, but it won't let me move in!

Please help me, I'm really desperate at this moment!!!

I am aware that my laptop aren't made for gaming, but it has been working fine with sims before, so I don't think it's the problem here. Standard smile

Message 1 of 8 (7,912 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 crashes when moving into house

EA Staff

@NNstine The first thing I would recommend would be to repair the game - right click the Sims 3 base game tile in Origin client and select 'Repair Game'.  

If the issue remains, please move your 'Mods' folder to a different location (default location C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 - you should not have a Mods folder there when testing) and check if you can get your Sims to move in with out crashing. 

If you can, then the issue is with a mod/custom content and you can try  creating a new 'Mods' folder in the default location and then place mods/cc in one at a time to test what is causing issues.

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (9,453 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@NNstine The first thing I would recommend would be to repair the game - right click the Sims 3 base game tile in Origin client and select 'Repair Game'.  

If the issue remains, please move your 'Mods' folder to a different location (default location C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 - you should not have a Mods folder there when testing) and check if you can get your Sims to move in with out crashing. 

If you can, then the issue is with a mod/custom content and you can try  creating a new 'Mods' folder in the default location and then place mods/cc in one at a time to test what is causing issues.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 8 (9,454 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried to repair the sims as you said, and then I just tried to delete half of my custom content. It didn't work.
I then tried running the sims without any CC and it didn't crash.

The only problem now is, will I be able to run the game with CC now, and play like normal, I really want to play in Aura Skies, but if I run the game without CC Aura Skies are gone.

But thanks, it was the custom content, so now I know. It hasn't been a problem before, since it's mostly just clothes and a little furniture, but yeah. Thaks again, my sims is now working Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (7,875 Views)

EA Staff

@NNstine Glad to hear the game is no longer crashing :eahigh_file:

As for Aurora Skies - as this is an offical world it should still show in game. Does the world still show in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and can you see it in 'Downloads' tab on the launcher?

Message 4 of 8 (7,866 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I made it work, thank you again Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (7,857 Views)

EA Staff

Glad to hear :eahigh_file:

Have fun playing!

Message 6 of 8 (7,855 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi im having the same problem but i only have store brought content from the actually sims 3 store! Please help!!

Message 7 of 8 (2,837 Views)

@Morganhannah07  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Please also list the packs you currently have installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (2,828 Views)