Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 3 crashes when moving into house

by NNstine

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sims 3 crashes when moving into house

★★★★ Novice

It's been a while since I last made a family and moved it into a house.

The last couple of months I have only been building houses in the Sims without creating a sim for the house.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to create a family and play the game. I created the family without any problems, but as soon as I picked the house they should live in my game crashed and it said Sims stopped working. I was thinking it was just bad luck, so I opened sims again, but as soon as I wanted to let them move in it crashed again. I tried another town, just to chek if it was Aura Skies it was wrong with, but it wasn't. 

I have updated my origin, my patch and everything, to see if it would help. Sadly it didn't.

I have read a lot of stuff on other websites with people having problems too, I have tried deleting my chaches files, and half of the custom content I had, but still not working.

If i'm in edit town mode I can go into the house without any trouble and build in it, but it won't let me move in!

Please help me, I'm really desperate at this moment!!!

I am aware that my laptop aren't made for gaming, but it has been working fine with sims before, so I don't think it's the problem here. Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (3,415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 crashes when moving into house

Community Manager (retired)

@NNstine The first thing I would recommend would be to repair the game - right click the Sims 3 base game tile in Origin client and select 'Repair Game'.  

If the issue remains, please move your 'Mods' folder to a different location (default location C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 - you should not have a Mods folder there when testing) and check if you can get your Sims to move in with out crashing. 

If you can, then the issue is with a mod/custom content and you can try  creating a new 'Mods' folder in the default location and then place mods/cc in one at a time to test what is causing issues.

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (4,966 Views)

All Replies

@NNstine The first thing I would recommend would be to repair the game - right click the Sims 3 base game tile in Origin client and select 'Repair Game'.  

If the issue remains, please move your 'Mods' folder to a different location (default location C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 - you should not have a Mods folder there when testing) and check if you can get your Sims to move in with out crashing. 

If you can, then the issue is with a mod/custom content and you can try  creating a new 'Mods' folder in the default location and then place mods/cc in one at a time to test what is causing issues.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 6 (4,967 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried to repair the sims as you said, and then I just tried to delete half of my custom content. It didn't work.
I then tried running the sims without any CC and it didn't crash.

The only problem now is, will I be able to run the game with CC now, and play like normal, I really want to play in Aura Skies, but if I run the game without CC Aura Skies are gone.

But thanks, it was the custom content, so now I know. It hasn't been a problem before, since it's mostly just clothes and a little furniture, but yeah. Thaks again, my sims is now working Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (3,388 Views)

@NNstine Glad to hear the game is no longer crashing High five

As for Aurora Skies - as this is an offical world it should still show in game. Does the world still show in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and can you see it in 'Downloads' tab on the launcher?

Message 4 of 6 (3,379 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I made it work, thank you again Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (3,370 Views)

Glad to hear High five

Have fun playing!

Message 6 of 6 (3,368 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help