Sims 3 crash to desktop

by Meraxes021

Original Post

Sims 3 crash to desktop

★ Novice

Hi!
I've downloaded my sims 3 and a couple of expansion packs onto origin but every time I try to play it allows me into create a sims at most and picking a town at least and then it just crashed straight to desktop. I've tried pretty much everything to try and fix it but nothing is working. Tried using steam and its the exact same. It worked great on my old bad laptop so I don't understand why it isn't working on my much better PC.

Message 1 of 2 (338 Views)

Re: Sims 3 crash to desktop

@Meraxes021  There are so many reasons TS3 could crash, it's necessary to start narrowing things down first.  So please remove your entire TS3 game folder from Documents\EA and launch the game again.  A clean game folder will spawn with no content.  Don't move anything to the new game folder, just start a new save, spend a few minutes creating a sim, and then see how the game plays once you try to place them in a house.

If this works, the issue is something in your old game folder.  Even if it's basically new, there might still be a corrupt file crashing the game, e.g. some mod or cc file you've downloaded.  You can test any content you've installed in batches, and any batch that crashes the game needs to be split and tested again until you find the problem file(s).

If TS3 still crashes even in a clean game folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (323 Views)