Sims 3 cooking skill will not increase (sim has never been a vampire)

by Gimmecookies1151

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 cooking skill will not increase (sim has never been a vampire)

★ Novice

Im not sure if this question has been asked before...

My sims skill level was progressing fine until level 8 of the cooking skill. Then, it reached the end of the bar and it will not go to level 9. I have looked at many forums of this happening but all of them said that their sim was a vampire and they turned them back. This has not happened to me. I have no mods and have never used any, The only expansion packs I have are seasons, Late night and high end loft stuff. I could really use some help. I hope I have been detailed enough. If not, ask me anything you need to know.

Message 1 of 7 (10,185 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 cooking skill will not increase (sim has never been a vampire)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

have you tried to reset the sim ?

to reset one sims ctrl+shift+c hold all 3 together in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type resetsim first name last (of your sim ) hit enter for example my sim is named John Dear i type in resetsim John Dear

edit town move the sim out and back in or edit town save a copy of the sim to the library delete the clipboard image move the sim from the library to the house or start a new game and move your saved sim from the library into a lot

edit typo

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (12,030 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

have you tried to reset the sim ?

to reset one sims ctrl+shift+c hold all 3 together in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type resetsim first name last (of your sim ) hit enter for example my sim is named John Dear i type in resetsim John Dear

edit town move the sim out and back in or edit town save a copy of the sim to the library delete the clipboard image move the sim from the library to the house or start a new game and move your saved sim from the library into a lot

edit typo

Message 2 of 7 (12,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just moved my sim out of their home and back in using edit town and it worked prefectly. Thankyou so much

Message 3 of 7 (10,172 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile i hope something works for you

Message 4 of 7 (10,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried resetting (nothing) 

Saved my sim to the library and then moved her back into the household with her boyfriend, didnt fix the problem and erased all her relationships with everyone. Never playing this game again 

Message 5 of 7 (3,136 Views)

@fightm8  Would you like help in troubleshooting further?  A sim saved to the library will lose all relationships; that's just how the game works.  Evicting and placing the household back without saving it to the library does not have this effect.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (3,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was so long ago but for anyone who might still be looking for solutions to fix this, if you have Sims 3 University you can use the “Cerebralizing Brain Enhancing Machine” (I’m sure either 1.0 or 2.0 works) to level up the skill that is stuck and that helped fix the issue for me! (I’m not sure if it completely solves the issue since I only needed to get my sim to level 10 when it got stuck) 

Message 7 of 7 (2,025 Views)