Re: Sims 3 clean install order

by sillaby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 clean install order

★ Apprentice

I am reinstalling Sims 3 plus expansions onto a new computer. So far, i have only downloaded the base game.  I was wondering if there is a certain order that is optimal and what to do about the game updates. I'm assuming that I have to marry the update order to the corresponding expansion.  Does anyone have a list of the correct sequence for this?  Thank you for reading this!

Message 1 of 3 (445 Views)

Accepted Solution

@sillaby  I take it you're downloading through Origin?  If so, the install order no longer matters.  In Windows, your game will be fully patched no matter how you install your packs.  In mac OS, there are a couple of extra steps you need to take to make certain packs install properly.  (If you're on a mac, there's a whole different conversation that we should have, but this install guide covers everything.  First, though, make sure your base game launches; if it doesn't, that should be addressed before you add any packs.)

Still, if you want to see the order of pack release, Wikipedia has you covered.  It lists expansion and stuff packs separately, but you can compare release dates easily enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3#Expansion_packs

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (440 Views)

All Replies

@sillaby  I take it you're downloading through Origin?  If so, the install order no longer matters.  In Windows, your game will be fully patched no matter how you install your packs.  In mac OS, there are a couple of extra steps you need to take to make certain packs install properly.  (If you're on a mac, there's a whole different conversation that we should have, but this install guide covers everything.  First, though, make sure your base game launches; if it doesn't, that should be addressed before you add any packs.)

Still, if you want to see the order of pack release, Wikipedia has you covered.  It lists expansion and stuff packs separately, but you can compare release dates easily enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3#Expansion_packs

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (441 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you! It's so kind of you to help. It's been so long I feel like a noob all over again.

Message 3 of 3 (435 Views)