Original Post

Re: Sims 3 cannot access saved game

★★★ Newbie
What if the meta.data file is there?
Message 11 of 27 (4,250 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AthanasiosHallas

if your game is up to date 1.69 then in your launcher expansion and stuff tab make sure that each pack you own is ticked in (not install) just ticked in

large.png

Message 12 of 27 (4,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Oh okay that was easy lol thanks so much!!
Message 13 of 27 (4,239 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

Message 14 of 27 (4,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

You seem to really know your stuff on here so I'm praying you may be able to help me!

I've been having the same problem as everyone else here. I have a saved game in Moonlight Falls and there is no meta data file. I did what you said in your previous comments about creating a new game (which I did in Moonlight Falls) and then saving it and then going into the folders and copying the meta data file from that game into the folder with my saved game I am trying to recover in. I then went back to the launcher to see if it had worked and nothing has changed.

Do you have any suggestions? I spent so much time creating that game Frown

Thanks

Gemma

Message 15 of 27 (4,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Wait, hold on. Nevermind. Sorry

Message 16 of 27 (4,188 Views)

★★★ Novice
So i saved my game before i reinstalled and now it says this, but i havent installed all the expansion packs that i had when i made the backup so could the issue actually be that i just need to reinstall the expansion packs that i had when i made the backup?
Message 17 of 27 (4,058 Views)

★ Novice
This is happening with me now too. Im devastated - took a break from my current project to try something else and now i might have lost the game all together. Followed your instructions copied and pasted file into saves folder. The actual game folder already had a data file in it.... Hopefully you can help me get my game back
Message 18 of 27 (4,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The message that pops up next to my two saved games is, "Cannot load this save game, as it needs a later version. Please patch your game and try again!" I checked in the Save file in my Sims 3 Folder and I see the meta.data file in both of my games (both of which I can't access.) I already checked for an update and it says that everything is up to date. I've been having so many problems with my game since everything is running on a macOS Sierra laptop. 

Message 19 of 27 (3,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I have my saved game from before reloaded and running.... my question to this now is why did it act up like this, I have not played in two weeks?
Message 20 of 27 (3,206 Views)