Re: Sims 3 cannot access saved game

by MLB1165

Original Post

★ Novice

Makes no sense to me and to someone who's not tech savvy I did what your supposed to do I save it then switched my laptop off so why can't I get back to my game,? And why isit so complicated to get it back 

Message 21 of 27 (887 Views)

@JamieetheMonster  Please describe your issue in more detail, including any error message you see when trying to load the save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 27 (878 Views)

★ Novice

What if all are check marked but still get the error message? 

Thank you for any help you can give. 

So close to a successful transfer, of Sims three from old laptop to new laptop.

Message 23 of 27 (828 Views)

@MLB1165  What issue are you having exactly?  Please describe it in more detail; this thread is quite old and describes a few different problems.

Please also let me know whether all the packs that are installed on your old computer are also installed and loading on the new one.  You'll need to start a new save to make sure: check the filters in Buy mode or CAS to see which packs are present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 27 (826 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your offer of help!  After closer inspection, I realized that Origin was not recognizing "Late Night."   Then, Origin said my code had already been used.  (Yes, by me!)  EA helped me with the code issue.  Late Night has now been downloaded.  Now, I am not able to open the Origin Launcher!  *sigh*  I'll try again tomorrow. 

Message 25 of 27 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@rumbutter wrote: "ok, start a new game throw any sim in to any lot (we're after the meta.data file) save and quit the game go to the new saved game copy the meta.data file then paste it into the game save file that is missing it then fire up your launcher you should hopefully see your save game we're trying to rescue( you may see the blue square with an outlined house ) play it once it loads play for a couple of mins use the save as option new name then save and quit launch your game again and you should now see the usual images for your game"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my, it worked like a charm!  A decade later and on Windows 10. Standard smile

Thank you, thank you, thank you soooo much.

My case: Laptop messed up, I had to system restore few days earlier.  I had made a backup of the folder.  After the system restore, I created a new My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder.  Reinstalled all CCs, remade the folder, etc.

I did not modify any installations of the game, expansions, stuff etc.  They were the same for months now.  

And of course they were the same in the restore point I chose.  Probably something with the registry restore, even though it should not have happened.

But when I started the game, some saves were corrupted beyond repair (restart application message) and some gave this message of  "could not load this game expansion pack data no longer present on this system".  Those were saved by your instructions. 

A world I had modified, a household of 7, and hours over hours of playing.

Thank you very much again, best regards.

Message 26 of 27 (227 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to start a new thread instead and we'll be happy to take a look with you Standard smile 

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 27 of 27 (205 Views)