by oma_beean

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 camera not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: Island living, Seasons and City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims 3 camera in build mode will not work properly. Constant issue.
What do you expect to see? With the Sims 3 camera in build mode I should be able to glide the screen to every direction with my mouse or pad. I don't know the technical terms.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I select the Sims 3 camera version (in build mode) either in the open Camera Controls menu or in Game Camera in Settings but the camera will not "glide" every direction while tilting the viewpoint which it's supposed to in Sims 3 camera mode. It only turns in all directions in 2D now if that makes sense.

This has been the case for over 6 months now and I haven't played since. Only went in to check if the bug was fixed a couple of times. It makes the game unplayable to me.

I tried to delete the folder in my computer files where it's supposed to "create itself" again when I open the game. It still remained the same (I don't remember the name of the folder. I't was something I red on the Sims help thing some time before new years). I also reinstalled the whole game some days ago. No change.

Please help!

Message 1 of 15 (1,230 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 camera not working

Hero
@oma_beean which button are you pressing ? I get that behavior when I right click. If I middle click on the scroll wheel it works fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (1,055 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@oma_beean are you talking about edge scrolling ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,223 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi and thank you! But no, I'm not talking about edge scrolling
Message 3 of 15 (1,201 Views)

★★ Pro
@oma_beean You've probably already tried it, but just wondering if a game repair through Origin might help?
Message 4 of 15 (1,177 Views)

Hero
@oma_beean Could you please post a video then. Not sure what you mean.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (1,147 Views)

★★ Novice
@stjmk I tried it now but it didn't do anything ;/
Message 6 of 15 (1,097 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Sorry for the late reply. It says I can't post it since it's an .mp4. Are you not allowed to post videos?
Message 7 of 15 (1,092 Views)

Hero
@oma_beean just upload it to youtube unlisted or google drive and post the link here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (1,082 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bHRUd9iwN7vSSINeCoHZzrhMa6BOsExw?usp=sharing

Here it is. So this isn't like a "globe" kind of view you are supposed to get with the Sims 3 cam on
Message 9 of 15 (1,070 Views)

Hero
@oma_beean which button are you pressing ? I get that behavior when I right click. If I middle click on the scroll wheel it works fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (1,056 Views)