Sims 3 base game does not work, but expansion does.

by unicornpoop246

Original Post

Sims 3 base game does not work, but expansion does.

★★ Novice

I've had the problem of "unknown error occurred" when adding Sims 3 Ambitions, but when i finally got it to work. I launched sims 3 through ambitions, and now I can't add custom content since sims 3 won't launch. If you can see in the screenshot, only Ambitions is illuminated, and not the base game.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 10.56.44 AM.png

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

Re: Sims 3 base game does not work, but expansion does.

Hero (Retired)

@unicornpoop246 If you are adding a new pack your game has to be in Origin and be at version 1.69.  All the packs are updated to work with Origin as the old DRM of SecuROM is no longer supported by Windows and OS X.

Message 2 of 4 (242 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, thank you. I'll try. Is there a way to update the base game without launching because there's the "unknown error occurred" for the Sims 3 base game.

Message 3 of 4 (231 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@unicornpoop246  You can patch the base game to version 1.67 using a download super patch. version 1.67 super patch.  Download and run the application that is downloaded. Do you have an Origin account? It has to be the same account with AMB pack in it. Does the base game appear in Origin - my game library? If the game appears in Origin - right click show game details - click extra content. AMB should show as owned. If the game icon does not appear in Origin - my game library - after the version 1.67 super patch - redeem the game code in Origin. Origin will then patch the game to version 1.69. Where did you buy AMB? Did you redeem the AMB code in thesims3.com?

Message 4 of 4 (218 Views)