Sims 3 automatically deleted

by lewiscolven04

Original Post

Sims 3 automatically deleted

★★★★★ Newbie

HELP, I tried to play the sims 3 yesterday for the first time in a while and origin loaded up saying that "I needed to activate my game". I purchased it roughly 2 months ago and had no problems but now all of a sudden I now can't play it, I have searched my game library and my recent purchases and it has just disappeared although I still have the game installed on my desktop. Could you please help me, 

Lewis Colven

Message 1 of 8 (399 Views)

Re: Sims 3 automatically deleted

Hero (Retired)

@lewiscolven04  Where did you buy your games?

Message 2 of 8 (385 Views)

★★ Novice

The same thing happened to me and i i have contacted origin and ea and there are not help full

Message 3 of 8 (380 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Liquidz0  Where did you buy your games?

Message 4 of 8 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I bought the game brand new from eBay.
Message 5 of 8 (362 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lewiscolven04  It seems there are some vendors on ebay that are not authorized to resell EA games. This is a violation of the terms of service. This is an issue between you the purchaser and the vendor. You will have to contact the vendor to sort this out.

Message 6 of 8 (356 Views)

★★ Novice

i bought it on disc for origin

Message 7 of 8 (343 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Liquidz0  As the EA sale of TS3 changed over time, I'm not sure if EA sold the disc version (I have been wrong in the past but I believe I bought my TS3 in 2009 from Amazon and I have the physical version). BTW Amazon is an authorized reseller. I believe you can only get TS3 From Origin as digital download only. The software on the discs is dated and will install the game with the DRM of SecuROM and SafeDisc. SecuROM and SafeDisc were poorly supported and are not supported by Windows 10 and El Capitan. If you did buy the game from Origin (which is EA) you need to contact EA customer service - link - EA customer service  and they can tell you the status of your purchase. This is an open public forum and accounts can not be accessed here.

Message 8 of 8 (332 Views)