Sims 3&4 laptop

by JanSteger

Original Post

Sims 3&4 laptop

★★★ Novice

Hey, 

I am looking to buy a laptop( or pc I don’t know what’s better) to play sims 4 and 3. i have almost all extensions for both of these games and I also need room for CC. My budget is about a 1000€ I don’t really want to go over 1000€. Do you have any recommendations? I would prefer a laptop for traveling etc and I would like to get the best for my budget I Heard- Acer and Hp have good Notebooks but I don’t know mich about technical stuff. Hope you can help me out Standard smile 

Message 1 of 4 (380 Views)

Re: Sims 3&4 laptop

@JanSteger Look at the recommended system requirements for Eco Living in Origin.
A laptop should have the mentioned oder better components.
Ich bin kein Mitarbeiter von Electronic Arts.
Antworten und Tipps gebe ich nach bestem Wissen und Gewissen.
Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

Hero
@JanSteger Moving this over to the english forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JanSteger  Are you buying in Germany?  If so, you can definitely find a suitable laptop for under 1000€.  In fact, you have a few different options depending on whether you want the best performance you can get, or a lightweight laptop that would do well enough.  The key factor is the graphics card: the true gaming laptops have cards that would run everything on ultra graphics settings, whereas the more lightweight ones have entry-level dedicated cards that would only be able to handle high settings at best.

Without knowing your preferences (or even where you can buy from), I took a look at Amazon.de and found a few good examples of what you can get for your budget.  If these aren't what you want, or you'd like some other similar choices, just let me know what you're looking for, and I'll do a more thorough search.

This laptop is 800€ and has a graphics card that would run all current Sims 4 packs together on ultra graphics settings, with some room to spare.  It's not clear whether an Nvidia 1650 will always be able to run all Sims 4 content on ultra, since we don't know how demanding future expansion packs will be, but it will probably be a close call either way.  This laptop's processor is more than good enough, and it has 512 GB storage, which is more than double what you'd need for Sims 4, even with a lot of custom content installed.  Its 8 GB RAM is enough for the game, but if you want 16 GB for other purposes, it would be easy to add a second RAM stick, and it would probably cost around 40-50€.

https://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1920x1080-Notebook-i5-10300H/dp/B0868YPMBQ/

This laptop has a significantly faster graphics card and 16 GB RAM, plus a 512 GB solid state drive.  Its processor is somewhat weaker than the Lenovo's, but it's still more than good enough for Sims 4.

https://www.amazon.de/HP-Pavilion-15-ec0457ng-GeForce-FreeDos/dp/B084Z1KX9L/

It's only 850€ in part because you'd need to buy a copy of Windows 10 and install it yourself.  This is not overly complicated though, and might only take an hour of your time, including installing the appropriate drivers.  (You could get them on the HP site and install them while the new laptop is offline.)  All you'd need would be temporary access to another computer running Windows 10 and a USB stick (at least 8 GB) that you don't mind erasing.  Since you can make the Windows 10 installer yourself, you really only need the license key, and it wouldn't matter if you bought an outdated install medium.  Something like this would work:

https://www.amazon.de/Windows-Professional-ExpertLicense-Mail-aktuellen/dp/B084NW4D49/

If you'd prefer a more lightweight laptop, this Acer (660€) would be a good options.  Its MX250 graphics card should handle high settings reasonably well, and its processor is good enough.  To be clear, the hardware in the other laptops is significantly better, but if those laptops heavier or bulkier than you'd want, this is a good alternative.  I believe Amazon has the wrong weight; the specs sheets I see for this laptop list its weight at 1.7-1.90 kg.

https://www.amazon.de/Acer-A515-54G-59HB-Full-HD-Multimedia-i5-10210U/dp/B085GYZ26D/

Like I said, these are just examples, not the only options, although in the lightweight category, I doubt you'll see anything better than the third laptop, at least for your preferred price.  If you have more questions, or are looking for something a bit different, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (269 Views)