Re: Sims 3 achivements problem.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 achivements problem.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I won 128 achivement but it looks only 101 of them 2. image ( mypage thesims 3 ) 

Message 1 of 4 (494 Views)

@Mochizuka  Do you know which ones you're missing?  Normally it works the other way: more achievements show up on your profile page than in-game.  It would help to know if there was a pattern.  I know it's a hassle to go through them all, but you could narrow it down by sorting based on the type of badge (bronze, silver, etc.).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

the sims 3 achivements game profile 40 --- website profile 30 --- but  i have counted the achivements in my in-game profile. ( total 102 )

the rest removed i guess i can't see.

Message 3 of 4 (437 Views)

@Mochizuka  I don't know why the number keeps changing; my thesims3.com page has the correct number of badges.  Have you tried clicking on one that you've already earned and selecting Update?  I'm not sure what that does, but it might help.  If it doesn't, clear your browser cache, or use a different browser.

There are two reasons for the in-game badge count to change.  The first is that you load the game with some packs disabled, so you don't see the badges for those packs.  (For example, there are 70 badges you can earn with just the base game, and the later packs added about 15 badges each.)  The other reason is that your ChallengeData.package file is corrupt.  If you delete it, the game will create a fresh one.  But you'll lose any partial progress you've made towards badges, although you'll keep the ones you've already earned.

The ChallengeData file is inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\[a long string of numbers].  I think there's another copy somewhere, but this is the one that matters.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)