Re: Sims 3 Won't load Past the Launcher

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Won't load Past the Launcher

★ Novice
I had played it previously today and it was running perfectly fine, I left for a few hours and came back and now when I press play on the launcher it goes to a black screen for a minute then completely closes (no error message) I have two expansion packs and a sh!t ton of mods. Please help, I'm terrible with computers and I just want to play my game. Thank you
Message 1 of 7 (5,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @ThePeachymxlk,

First troubleshooting step when playing with mods is always check if the game works without them. Please, remove all your mods and try again. Does the game load without them?

If not, try to follow these steps:

1. Go to Documents \ Electronic Arts
  2. Rename the folder The Sims 3 to The Sims 3 old
  3. Try to open your game again.

Does it work now? If so, you won't find your save games but don't worry, we are just trying to find out where the issue comes from Wink

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,771 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @ThePeachymxlk,

First troubleshooting step when playing with mods is always check if the game works without them. Please, remove all your mods and try again. Does the game load without them?

If not, try to follow these steps:

1. Go to Documents \ Electronic Arts
  2. Rename the folder The Sims 3 to The Sims 3 old
  3. Try to open your game again.

Does it work now? If so, you won't find your save games but don't worry, we are just trying to find out where the issue comes from Wink

-Mai

Message 2 of 7 (5,772 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much, it must of been one of my mods, it's running perfectly now. 😊
Message 3 of 7 (5,559 Views)

EA app Team

Glad to read that @ThePeachymxlk!

Be nice with your sims Wink

Mai

Message 4 of 7 (5,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue. It's not (one of) the mod(s). Adjusting filename with old worked once. It's so frustrating trying a 100 things, finding something that works and then again nothing. I have a beast of a computer but cant play this game i spend a ton of money on.
Message 5 of 7 (5,489 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai I have tried everything to get my game to work for five days now..I was about to give up then saw this and it is working now! Thank you so so much!
Message 6 of 7 (3,261 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has gotten quite old now, so I've locked it to prevent any further necro-posting.

If you're still having trouble with this issue, please create a new thread so we can look into this with you. 

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (3,242 Views)