Sims 3 Won't Launch in Origin Client After Accounts Were Merged

by Hlootoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Won't Launch in Origin Client After Accounts Were Merged

★★★ Novice

Hi! I have an issue with The Sims 3 not launching after two accounts were merged. I've already read the topic here , where it was mentioned that something may have happened to the base game code during a merge; and that this was a common issue. But either the support team was unable or unwilling to fix this issue because I STILL can't get this problem solved. So I was hoping anyone else had any suggestions.

Message 1 of 6 (507 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Won't Launch in Origin Client After Accounts Were Merged

★★★ Novice

Thank God I got a hold of someone who knew what they were doing! Apparently somehow the base game code was "duplicated" or something after the merge. This caused a conflict preventing the game from launching. He was able to pull up the supposed old deactivated account, and solve the issue there. Now I got my game back! :D

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (445 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Hlootoo I think EA Customer support is the only way to fix issues caused by merging accounts. As long as the code is considered inactive by Origin, the player can't really do anything.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (501 Views)

@Hlootoo  Please contact EA customer support (again) and specifically ask about the status of your base game code, not just whether it's on your account but whether it's active.  If you don't get anywhere this time either, let me know and I'll flag this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (482 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks. This is such BS and I'm mad. Because me and my mom shared this account before things went South. Now she had to go and make a new one and re-buy everything and now I can't play it at all.

Message 4 of 6 (453 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank God I got a hold of someone who knew what they were doing! Apparently somehow the base game code was "duplicated" or something after the merge. This caused a conflict preventing the game from launching. He was able to pull up the supposed old deactivated account, and solve the issue there. Now I got my game back! :D

Message 5 of 6 (446 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Hlootoo No words to describe how you helped me here!! I sent your comments to the support and they finally managed to fix my CD Key too!
Message 6 of 6 (137 Views)