Sims 3 Won't Launch For Lack of Origin 'Access'

by Asilee

Original Post

Sims 3 Won't Launch For Lack of Origin 'Access'

★★★★★ Novice

I've had The Sims 3 Collector's Edition since day one of release, but now, for some reason, I cannot play through origin or download anything I recently buy from their website without buying Access. It's bad ENOUGH that I can no longer play this game offline like I could in the past - without having to be online to go OFFFLINE - in those off chances I'm without internet and needed something to play. But now I can't get anything to download without having to buy access? I can't even load the game? *No, I do not have any content that was free through access - in relation to The Sims 3 - installed. So...

Am I missing something?

Screenshot

Message 1 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Won't Launch For Lack of Origin 'Access'

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Asilee The change in DRM is because Windows 10 does not support SecuROM and SafeDisc. EA had to change the game because TS3 used these anti piracy methods. SecROM was a rootkit and imposed an install limit. SafeDisc requires your computer to have an optical drive which are disappearing from computers. As Access is an account issue you will have to contact EA customer service about the problem.

add: I thought EA Access was an xbox one thing. I don't have an xbox one. After Microsoft announced that Kodi (Microsoft Media Center renamed) was shelved for the xbox one I have no need for the xbox one. This is just another case of the 900 pound gorilla selling you what they think you want. That means if I BUY my Sims games and then get EA Access I no longer own the license to play games I paid full price for the license to play the game? I'm not sure how Access works but a call to EA customer service is in order.

Are you trying to play TS3 on the xbox one? If so then the screen shot is correct. Can you play TS3 on your computer?

Message 2 of 2 (118 Views)