Re: Sims 3 WON"T Launch

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 WON"T Launch

★ Novice

I bought and tried to download Sims 3 Island Paradise but to my dismay I was informed to uninstall the base game to install it. I followed the instructions and then was informed to install SIms 3, which I did. Then I tried to install Sims 3 Island Paradise and was informed that I need to lauch Sims 3 and do the update that was suppose to be done when I re installed the game. This is a whole lot of extra and quite frankly, Ya'll need to get it together!!! Fix the issue.

Message 1 of 5 (536 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is a problem and there is a solution to install packs without re installing the bae game.

Message 2 of 5 (534 Views)

★ Novice
@roberta591 do u wanna maybe say what it is
Message 3 of 5 (501 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dxisia This is an old post and I really don't remember. It depends on what you are trying to download. First is your computer a pc or mac? What is the version of your game? Are you trying to add an expansion pack? Dose the pack show as owned in Origin? The pack should automatically install the next time you log into Origin. Once the pack appears in your Launcher you need to enable it. If your trying to download store items you need to download to the game launcher then install the item(s)/world from the download page of the game launcher. You do have the game in an Origin account?

Message 4 of 5 (491 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @dxisia,

It's been a while since you've posted here. Could you try the advise @roberta591 shared and see if that helps? Feel free to give some XP if it has. If it hasn't please, open a new thread and add more about what you're experincing and the steps you've tried as I'm locking this older thread here.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (369 Views)