Re: Sims 3 Visual Problems

by eleanxr_dunkin

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
What's the super patch?
Message 11 of 15 (350 Views)

@eleanxr_dunkin  The Super Patch is a tool released by EA that manually patches your game to 1.67, the highest patch level for disc installs.  The way the launcher was built, it doesn't handle large amounts of data very well, and it often fails to properly patch even though it will report that it succeeded.

I linked the post where you can download the Super Patch earlier in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

The direct download link (to EA servers) is directly below "Cumulative Base Game 1.67.2 Super Patcher for The Sims 3" in that post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 15 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I bought a new version, and I have now registered it on origin. I don't have the expansions now tho. Should I still install the patch?

Message 13 of 15 (327 Views)

@eleanxr_dunkin  You didn't need to buy a new version—that was completely unnecessary and makes things more complicated.  If the game doesn't launch, you'll need to uninstall it, clean the registry of TS3-related entries with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download), and then download the Origin version.  Don't apply the Super Patch, as it will break the install if you can get it to run.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 15 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

If anything, the new version runs more smoothly. I didn't download the disk version from the disk, I entered the game code on origin and downloaded it from there.

Message 15 of 15 (287 Views)