Re: Sims 3 Univsersity life deleted from my account again

by shweeepz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Univsersity life deleted from my account again

★ Novice

My Sims 3 University Life expansion has been deleted from my account twice. The first time, I had bought the DLC, redeemed it and played for months on end. Bare in mind this has not happened to any other of the keys I had bought as well. Then one day I go into my game and it notifies me that there's content missing. So I contacted support. Support told me that Seam had deleted it. I own the game on origin, not steam. After contacting G2A and Steam. I had to talk to EA support again. G2A won't replace or refund me for the dlc and Steam doesn't have access to my account. EA Support told me over and over again to contact the retailer(G2A). Which I did again and got the same answer back. I also asked multiple times if they could provide a replacement key since they had removed it from my account. Got the same answer to contact retailer. Bare in mind this has not happened to any other of the keys I had bought aswell.

So I thought, screw this and bought another key off G2A. I redeemed it and played for another month. Got back onto it today and guess what, it had missing content. So I contact them again and they said that someone has had access to my account. I have two step verification and recieved no texts/calls/emails asking for a code. The support asked me to reset my password. It took me a few seconds and then the support guy just ended the chat since I was away for a "long time"( only a few seconds to change my password). 

Message 1 of 7 (740 Views)

Accepted Solution

@shweeepz  It sounds like you received a bad code, again.  This is the danger of buying from unauthorized third-party sellers like g2a.  Codes that were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained may change hands several times before landing on these sites, and there's no way to know how they were originally procured.  But once EA recognizes a code as stolen, it will remove the code from the account.

Your only recourse is to contact g2a; EA won't provide you with a new code.  If you can't get another one from g2a, then you're out of luck.

By the way, Steam is offering packs for $5 U.S. each right now; the sale ends January 3 at 10 am PST/6 pm UTC.  So if you want to buy from an approved third-party seller, that's your best bet.  You'd have to buy a base game code (another $5) if you don't already have one in your Steam library, but that's still cheaper than paying full price.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (734 Views)

All Replies

@shweeepz  It sounds like you received a bad code, again.  This is the danger of buying from unauthorized third-party sellers like g2a.  Codes that were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained may change hands several times before landing on these sites, and there's no way to know how they were originally procured.  But once EA recognizes a code as stolen, it will remove the code from the account.

Your only recourse is to contact g2a; EA won't provide you with a new code.  If you can't get another one from g2a, then you're out of luck.

By the way, Steam is offering packs for $5 U.S. each right now; the sale ends January 3 at 10 am PST/6 pm UTC.  So if you want to buy from an approved third-party seller, that's your best bet.  You'd have to buy a base game code (another $5) if you don't already have one in your Steam library, but that's still cheaper than paying full price.

Message 2 of 7 (735 Views)

★ Novice

I'm only having problems with university life though. All the other keys have been bought off G2A. G2A won't refund or replace the key

Message 3 of 7 (729 Views)

@shweeepz  I'm not saying that you're guaranteed to get a bad code from g2a, or any other unauthorized seller.  It's just a risk you take, and if your pack is removed from your account, you have no recourse with EA.  It sounds like you've been relatively lucky so far, only losing one pack—many players have lost most of their TS3 content this way.

Again, if you can't get help from g2a, your only option is to buy the pack again.  EA has been refusing to honor or replace bad codes for a long time, and it doesn't seem to make any exceptions.

Message 4 of 7 (726 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah I know what you're getting at. Thanks for the help thanks
Message 5 of 7 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to get ahold of Customer Service - someone who can help me understand why a game I purchased was removed from my account -- but I can't find a number to call -- does anyone have a phone # for support help at EA ??? so frustrating - yes, I submitted an "please help me" email like 3 times .. need a contact number !  if you can help please email/pm me - J.Blakeslee @ [edit: email address removed] or [removed] .. a huge thank you in advance if you can help ..

edited to remove phone number; the site's filter removed the email address.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 6 of 7 (562 Views)

@Jlevoncher551  Since this is a public forum, it's better not to post personal information where everyone can see it.

EA customer support is limited right now, with the current situation.  Phone calls are unavailable entirely, and live chat is only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.  During those hours, you can use this site to make contact:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 7 of 7 (541 Views)